Monday, February 3, 2014

The Lipstick Tag



























I was tagged by Amanda from Thai Tales and Basmah from Lacee & Lattes to do the highly popular (and super fun to read) Lipstick Tag. Being the avid lip product lover that I am, I personally can't think of a more suitable tag for me to do.

The Questions

1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I have 28 technical lipsticks (balms, stains, crayons, creams, glosses, and butters not included!) and 93 lip products. Oh God.


2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
I'm not 100% sure if my memory is correct, but I believe it is a Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick in Metallic Mauve, which I actually still own but would never wear in a million years. It is this awful, painfully frosty pink that I used to think was the bees knees. Back in the day I wrote a cringe worthy review on it...read it if you dare.

3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
When it comes to lipsticks I've not yet found my favourite brand, but for overall lip products Revlon absolutely smashes it out of the park.

4. What is your most worn lipstick?
To date, my most worn lipstick is actually probably the cheapest one I own, and that is an Essence lipstick in All About Cupcake. I find that this is the most incredibly perfect shade with a level of pigmentation that is just right. I love it so much and it is so darn cheap.

5. What is your favourite finish?
I love creamy lipsticks, the ones that you can tell are moisturising and comfortable to wear simply by looking at them!

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
I myself didn't buy it, but the last lipstick I received was MAC's Creme Cup as a birthday gift from a beautiful blogger. It's my first ever MAC lipstick, one that I have practically wanted since I was born and her kindness literally blew me away. I feel like a real beauty blogger/lipstick fiend now that I own a MAC lipstick!


























7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
I included both my handbag and my school bag and here is what I found...

- Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm in Guava
- Maybelline Baby Lips in Anti Oxidant Berry
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendeazvous
- Essence lipstick in All About Cupcake
- Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla and Macadamia
































No wonder I'm always losing lip products, I'm carrying so many around!

8. What is your favourite red lip colour?
My favourite Red lip colour is Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic, and my favourite red lipstick is the Revlon Colour Stay Ultimate Suede lipstick in Finale.

9. How do you store your lipsticks?
I store some of them in the acrylic lipstick holders that everyone seems to have, and the rest in buckets/mugs (in the same way that you would store makeup brushes).

10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?
Which lipsticks aren't I currently lusting after?! I definitely have my eyes on more MAC lipsticks after having had my first taste of them. I couldn't narrow down the shades I have my eye on, so here they all are: Lovelorn, Crosswires, Coral Bliss, Please me, Watch me Simmer and Russian Red!

Thanks for tagging me ladies, I had a lovely time answering these questions. It's also inspired me to wear some of my less popular lip products too! I tag Sheri from Behind the Frames, Mishelle from Mishelle's Sleepy Time and Jasmine from Sweetaholic beauty.

22 comments:

  1. I think I have a similar amount of lip sticks if not more haha. All about Cupcake is definitely my most worn to! It's amazing for everyday.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so terrible, I just can't resist when it comes to gorgeous lip products. All about cupcake is so good, I just think it is hilarious that out of all my lip products my most worn is the cheapest and least raved about lipstick! x

      Delete
  2. What an awesome tag! Creme Cup looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot even begin to tell you how fabulous Creme cup is, it's stunning. x

      Delete
  3. Argh. Your lipstick swatches are always amazing. Great post too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, but I am kind of a cheater because I just reuse that photo of all the swatches for a couple of my posts! x

      Delete
  4. This is so interesting. In fact, I myself am a lip addict and have really lost the count of the number of balms and lipsticks I own.
    One word of unsolicited advice, do not go berserk while buying lip products. They tend to last for such a long time that soon, the stash starts spilling. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely ridiculous how many I own, and you are right, they last forever! x

      Delete
  5. 93 lip products! That's awesome!! I must try your favourite Essence one.. and I don't own a MAC lipstick yet!! One day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome?! It's terrible haha! You must get your hands on All about cupcake, it it just perfect and so darn affordable! x

      Delete
  6. Oh wow you have so many! But it's understandable ;)
    You have such nice lips! (Is that a weird thing to say? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know...it's amazing how many you can accumulate over the years! Why thank you (I don't think that's a weird thing to say!) x

      Delete
  7. I felt like I could really relate to this tag haha! I just ordered Coral Bliss so I'll let you know more about it :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to read your thoughts about Coral Bliss, it looks stunning from the swatches I've seen. x

      Delete
  8. I love Nivea lip products too! :D Anyway, my Mom is a huge fan of Revlon and it makes me considering to follow her lead as well ;) However, apparently there's always new other lipstick which always caught my attention -_-"

    Great tags! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nivea lip products tend to be excellent quality, the same with Revlon. Glad you enjoyed the tag :) x

      Delete
  9. Oh thats beautiful :') i wish I owned so many lipsticks
    I am a lover of red lips and more subtle lips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) Red lips are wonderful, I was always so scared of them back in the day but I have grown to love them x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...