Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon


I truly thought my Revlon Lip Butter collection was complete at a grand total of 4 shades, but then this happened: I was wandering through Kmart in what looked like a post apocalyptic scene from a scary movie. Every makeup stand had been completely cleared, only mashed lipsticks and smears of eyeshadow spread across the plastic holders. I have no idea why it was like this - obviously Kmart is doing some kind of cosmetics revamp - but I was astonished to find an actual product, let alone one that was intact and sealed, worthy of actually purchasing. Of course it was a lip product, my absolute weakness when it comes to makeup, and even more exciting was that it was a Revlon lip butter in a stunning shade for a mere $10. I couldn't walk by such an amazing offer, and as a result my Revlon lip butter collection has expanded to 5.

Since they first came out I have wanted the shade Candy Apple, and although this isn't that shade exactly, Wild Watermelon is a stunning red that may even be better than what I originally wanted. It is a beautiful warm toned red with the perfect balance of pink and orange mixed in. I personally find it a really easy red to pull off, although I am becoming more confident with a red lip these days. I am really pleased that unlike some of the shades, Wild Watermelon contains no shimmer but is just a pure glossy red. One great thing about the Revlon lip butters is that they are so buildable, and can be applied in a sheer manner if desired or built up if you want a stronger look.

As is the case with all of the shades in the range, this is initially quite moisturising but after extending wear time can become a little drying. This is easily resolved with a quick application of lip balm over the top. 
I find that these don't wear terribly well when eating and drinking - they are not a stain and do rub off fairly easily. However, if you aren't munching away on lunch then these will last a couple of hours until you need to reapply again. 

One issue that I had with this shade that I didn't experience with the others was that the colour in the centre of my lips wore off before the colour around the edges, leaving me with a ring around my lips. It appeared as though I had drawn around the edge of my mouth with a red lipliner and had failed to shade the rest of my lips in! As you can imagine, I don't love this look so I am careful to make sure to reapply frequently when I wear this shade to avoid that from happening!

I've said it before but I'll say it again - I actually really like the packaging of these products. I love that the colour of the plastic case is the same as the lipstick because you can easily identify which colour you are looking for. The quilted pattern gives a really nice touch and the silver bullet makes it look quite classy. Revlon rarely goes wrong with their lip products.

I am really glad that I stumbled across this gorgeous shade, and I've been wearing it regularly since I purchased it. I probably wouldn't pay full price for it out of principle (it annoys me so much that we have so pay so much more in Australia) but at $10 it was completely worth it.

Along with Berry Smoothie, this is my favourite shade from the range and I know it will get a lot of wear! I give this 8 out of 10. 

L-R: Wild Watermelon, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie, Gumdrop, Brown Sugar



12 comments:

  1. I have this one and I will agree, the shade is gorgeous! My only problem is that it's WAY more drying than my other lip butters! I have no idea why, but because of that, I don't wear it enough!

    Gorgeous photos btw! :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so darn beautiful! I've not noticed it to be more drying but I'll definitely make a note of that next time I wear it. How strange! x

      Delete
  2. Very lovely colours, the packaging too looks cute.

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour! I looovee the Revlon Lip Butters.
    And I think Kmarts were getting rid of a lot of stuff because they've started to sell ELF! (Source: People around Australia who have seen ELF pop up in Kmart) lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.my.gosh. That would be amazing - Essence, NYX and ELF in Australia?! Fingers crossed that is what my Kmart is doing :) x

      Delete
  4. My 2 local Kmarts make-up sections were demolished too, can't wait to see what's coming! I've never tried the lip butters, but this one looks super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are a fan of reds then I would totally recommend starting your lip butter collection with this one :) x

      Delete
  5. The k-mart beauty clearance was great wasn't it? Can't beat a bargain :) My local had 2 massive boxes full of stock...it was so hard not to buy a million lipsticks...not that I need a million considering I probably already have enough to last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temptation was just so great, it was near impossible to resist grabbing everything! x

      Delete
  6. Beautiful red! Must pick up some when Chemist Warehouse has their 1/2 price all makeup! :)

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when Chemist Warehouse have that! They do it quite often too which is awesome :) x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...