Saturday, February 1, 2014

Monthly Favourites - January

January is over and we are well on our way into 2014 (aka the year of all things scary!). This month was really just about getting back to basics in terms of makeup because it is the middle of summer and here in Adelaide we have had many days over 40 degrees! I've been spending a large portion of my days in the sun hence why it's not really been a time for elaborate eyeshadow looks and heavy foundation, but rather the absolute minimum where possible.

Face: An absolute life saver for me this month has been my Savvy by DB loose translucent powder. I find loose powders to be so darn fiddly and annoying to use but I've been willing to forgive that aspect of it because it's like magic dust that stops your face from getting oily, even on the hottest of the hottest days. Naturally it is discontinued (all the best products are) but I have so much left I can tell it won't be running out soon.

Lips: I love my lip products and I was absolutely thrilled to get the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Rendezvous as part of an amazing pack of 5 that I picked up for $20. I've wanted the stunning tangerine shade for so long and it just fits the summery vibe perfectly, I've been wearing it every day.

Eyes: For eyes I've worn very little shadow, instead opting for plain old mascara. I've been really enjoying the Maybelline One by One mascara because I find it to be defining and lengthening, my two favourite things, and hasn't smudged or flaked in the heat. My only complaint is that I have it in brown/black so it's not as dark as I would normally like it.

Nails: The Maybelline Colour Show Sequins polish in Rose Bling was such an impulse buy, but it really paid off because I wore it a heck of a lot in January. It's just a pretty rosy pink glitter.

Other: I had no choice but to include my Lana Del Ray CD in Born to Die that I received for Christmas. I know there are many people out there who were just not impressed with it at all, but I've literally listened to it hundreds of times since having found it wrapped up under the Christmas tree.
























I have decided that within all my monthly posts I'd make a quick note about how I was going with my New Years resolutions in the hope that it will help keep me on track, so here we go...

Resolution review

My first resolution was to read more books, and because I've been on holidays it has been so easy to achieve that! I've read so many and it's been lovely to see my sky high pile of 'to read' books starting to get a little smaller.

My second resolution was to drink more water which I am also pleased to say I have been fulfilling too. It may have something to do with the fact that it has been so hot, but I've been really conscious of it and trying so hard to increase my intake. For those of you also trying to drink more water, I've written a post about the ways I manage to do it if you are interested.

Another resolution was to continue blogging, which in my opinion has been successful. I love the holidays because I get so much time to be creative with my posts, take good photographs and spend time writing them. The real challenge will be when I go back to school.

Lastly was to be content with less than perfection, and to be honest I've not yet had a good opportunity to put this into place. However, I am already getting scared and stressed about the year to come so I know this will be the hardest resolution to keep up with!

So there's January in a nutshell! January is always one of my favourite months and this year has been no different!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh I like "Rendezvous" too! I've also been getting into translucent loose powders recently, and ikr what's with all the good products getting discontinued -.-
    Nice update on your resolutions! I've also been reading more books lately :D Any good ones you've finished recently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rendezvous is such a perfect, wearable, orange toned shade. Normally oranges are scary but it's so lovely. I swear, Essence is the absolute worst for getting rid of the best products, it frustrates me so much! I love reading, it's been such an easy resolution to keep so far! x

      Delete
  2. The good thing about certain products being discontinued is that you can run our and pick up something else awesome to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I hadn't really thought about it like that! :)

      Delete
  3. The Savvy loose powder looks interesting ^^

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous too. I find it such an easy to wear coral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, it is perfect for those a little hesitant about corals. x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...