Tuesday, February 18, 2014

MAC lipstick in Creme Cup



























Let me tell you a crazy story. There once was a little 14 year old girl who started what would eventually be the greatest accident in her life - a beauty blog. She blogged for years, loving every second of creating, publishing and interacting with other bloggers and was completely content reading and writing in her little corner of the internet. Then one day, for her birthday, she received a MAC lipstick in the mail from a beautiful fellow beauty blogger and almost lost the plot with happiness and gratitude for the overwhelming kindness she had been the recipient of. Also, how did that blogger know that it was Creme cup that she had drooled about her entire life?!

Yep, that little girl was me and I still can't believe that it happened. You may be thinking that I've made a bit of a big deal about this - I mean, it's a lipstick for goodness sake- but I am so grateful for every single person in the blogging world who has left a little message or read my posts and made my day just that little bit better (and seriously, for a kid whose sole income is the twenty bucks she receives at Christmas, a MAC lipstick is kind of a big deal).


This is it guys, the lipsticks above all lipsticks. I may be a little biased because its my first MAC lipstick and I've practically wanted one since I was born, but it has several factors that allow it to deserve that title. I knew there had to be a reason every girl worth her weight in eyeshadow shouted praises from the rooftops about MAC.

It's basically perfection. Creamy, vanilla scented, glossy lipstick perfection. As for the shade, don't even get me started on how beautiful it is (although sadly I will admit it won't suit everyone and once in a blue moon can be a little challenging to work with).

I've worn this non stop since receiving it and it is just the most beautiful all round nude. It's the ideal balance of pink and brown, a your lips but better shade if I ever saw one. It can be ever so slightly on the borderline too pale side, however this is only evident when I'm trying to (unsuccessfully) make a foundation that is a shade too dark for me work.

This looks absolutely gorgeous on the lips, glossy and creamy, although if you have excessively dry lips (which I personally do get from time to time) it can accentuate those flaky areas. This is easily solved by a quite application of a lip scrub and lip balm before use.

I've not yet decided what I think about the packaging. I think I love it because it is the iconic MAC lipstick packaging, although I can most definitely recognise the common item it is believed to resemble! Nevertheless, lady-product-lookalike or not, the gritty charcoal black and silver tube is flawless and you can just tell it's fabulous simply from looking at it!

This is not extraordinarily long wearing but satisfactory in my opinion. As it is a cremesheen finish it does wear off a little quicker than the other finishes MAC has to offer, but it doesn't bother me a great deal.

This incredible addition to my collection has provided fuel to a fire, I can already tell. I now have lists of MAC shades that I am determined to pick up, ranging from lipsticks, blushes and eyeshadows. Too bad my wallet has lost a bit of weight over the holidays and seems to have gone on strike!

I love this gorgeous lipstick and can't wait to pick up some more. Thank you, dear gift giver, and thank you to everyone who reads my little blog!





16 comments:

  1. Aww, adorable post Candice! Cremecup seems like a beautiful shade, but sadly one that I don't think would work well with my skintone :( Light nudey-pinks look horrific on my medium-yellow skin. I'm sure it's stunning on you though! I too have a very long wishlist of MAC lippies...haha :P

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tasha :) It is so pretty but sadly I'd have to agree that it might not suit your skin tone :( I swear the entire MAC lipstick range is calling out my name! x

      Delete
  2. Ahhh this post is the best! You're so adorable! Yay for your first MAC lipstick - now the addiction begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am over the moon with Creme Cup, and I can most definitely see an addiction on its way! x

      Delete
  3. Aw I can totally sense your excitement through this post!
    Creme Cup is on my top list of MAC lipsticks to get. One day I will get it and feel the way you do! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously about to burst with excitement! I am a total MAC convert now! Haha x

      Delete
  4. Awww this is so sweet! I gifted my sister her very first MAC lipstick for Christmas, which just happened to be Creme Cup! Needless to say she's pretty happy with it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely gift to give a beauty lover, and such a gorgeous shade. x

      Delete
  5. Creme Cup is my favourite lipstick ever!!!! Great choice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha you're too cute. Photos of you modelling this on your lips!! Mac is so great, but how annoying that's it's almost $40 for a lipstick here?! DAMN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wanted to include a lip swatch but I don't have the old camera I was using anymore (I was just borrowing it for the holidays) and my current crappy camera does a terrible, terrible job taking photos of lipstick or eyeshadow on my face :( Oh my gosh the price is sooooo frustrating. Gagh! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a classic MAC shade I need to try, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...