Saturday, February 22, 2014

Essence Ticket to Paradise Shimmer Powder in Tropical Heat



I have a real problem resisting Essence's limited edition products. Though their permanent range is pretty good, their limited edition ranges are just that whole lot better and the fact that I know within weeks they will be gone forever makes me buy things I don't really need. I still long for that blush they brought out in their Cherry Blossom collection that I never picked up...Seriously though, who could blame me for this purchase - it is so darn gorgeous!

In my opinion, highlighters are those products that always get forgotten in a makeup routine despite that they are perhaps the most beautiful makeup products of all. A bit of golden shimmer on the cheekbones can honestly make the world of difference yet I will be the first to admit that I simply forget to put some on or just don't have time to make the effort. I've been wearing it a lot more regularly since buying this wonderful highlighter though!

The most obvious aspect of this product is the stunning flowery imprint in the pan. Following the 'Ticket to Paradise' theme, it was basically the print alone that convinced me I had to own it. The remaining packaging is Essence's standard practical but moderately poor quality clear lid and black base. It's not awful but it's not top of the range either.

It's a strong golden toned shade, leaning much more on the orange gold spectrum than the white gold one. It's quite pigmented but can be used lightly if desired, or built up to be quite strong. I personally like it quite subtle, especially as it does have that deeper golden tone, but that is because my skin is so pale. I find warmer highlighters to be much more versatile and user friendly compared to cooler silver based ones, but that may be down to my colouring and overall makeup preferences (I feel the same way about eyeshadows too).

I actually like using this as an eyeshadow, or even as an inner corner highlight because it is subtle but still enough to really glow on the skin.

This sits well on the skin and blends out well. It lasts almost an entire day, though not if it is particularly hot or I'm sweating more than usual! I like to wear this in the summer months and my Essence Twilight Breaking Dawn Highlighter in the cooler months because I feel a deeper more golden tone is more suitable for summer, and a lighter white gold better for winter.
I'm really pleased I purchased this, because I know it would have been one of those products I would have regretted not buying! I can't recall exactly how much this cost, but I believe it would have been $5 or $6 which is super affordable.

I really like this product and give it 8/10.


L-R: Ticket to Paradise, Twilight

20 comments:

  1. I absolutely love essence! Thanks for the review, I think I may need to check this out before it goes out of stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I think it is worth the purchase :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to know this isn't a dupe for the Twilight one I have!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thought when I saw it in store, but the swatches say it all! :) x

      Delete
  3. I bought a few of that range today! lol nail polish except the pink one, the pink lip liner, the lipglosses and two eye shadows will be buying more lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orange nail polish was totally calling out my name! Essence always sucks me in! x

      Delete
  4. the lipglosses in my opinion aren't that great but so far the eye shadows are great, got the two greenie blue ones didn't have any of the gold ones I wanted lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear, the gold eyeshadow was quite appealing to me! x

      Delete
  5. How pretty is this? My local essence stand is looking very sad lately, and it's always ransacked sadly :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh that is so annoying. I absolutely cannot stand it when there are a heap of products there but all of them have fingerprints through them or are broken in some way. Essence stands are the worst for that. x

      Delete
  6. The shades look gorgeous, totally worth the price tag. Now following your wonderful blog, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Essence LE items too! I had to pass on this due to my shopping ban, but it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be incredibly disciplined if you were able to resist this :) x

      Delete
  8. We share the same views on Essence LE products! I always grab a few because I can't bear with the thought that it will be gone forever once it gets sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my god that's gorgeous!!! I can never find these collections where I live! :(

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw that's a shame because they're so good! x

      Delete
  10. I'm so lucky my Essence stand is a disgrace... otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd own one of everything!!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...