Saturday, February 15, 2014

Face of Australia Glossy Lip Crayon in Peach Parfait


In my eyes, FOA never steps a foot wrong. I've come to realise that I am painfully loyal to my favourite brands, and it is no exception with FOA, but how could I think anything bad about the brand when they introduced me to the love of my life, lip crayons. The trio of crayons in a natural pink, cherry red and neutral brown were (and still are) absolute staples in my makeup routine, but I often found myself hoping for a coral kind of colour to make its way onto the scene because there really was a gap that needed to be filled.

Well, what do you know, after months and months of waiting FOA read my mind and came out with a whole heap of new lip crayon shades that you could purchase individually, the most appealing of which...a gorgeous tangerine shade. I knew it was going to happen, after Face of Australia is my favourite makeup brand for a reason. I knew it would only be a matter of time before they introduced some lip crayons to their permanent range. On sale for $5 I snapped up Peach Parfait, a gorgeous peachy orange shade, and haven't looked back since.

I was thrilled to see that Face of Australia seemed to keep the old formula, because they hit the nail on the head the first time. I love my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains (I promise I will shut up about them from now on!) for their incredible staining and lasting power, but sometimes it is nice to have a product that wears off within a couple of hours because it allows you to wear multiple lip products in one day (is this something normal people do, or just crazy beauty bloggers?). It still has its sweet, almost cupcake kind of smell and is soft and creamy.

The packaging is very much the same as the originals, with the colour of the crayon corresponding to the shade (making it so much easier to find the shade you are looking for). They still have their chunky, child like nature which I love although my only gripe about the packaging is that you have to be careful when replacing the cap otherwise you clip the edge of the product.

So what about the shade? It's perfect. Honestly it's the perfect balance of not too pigmented and not too sheer, a stunning peachy tangerine shade that I think anyone could pull off even if they were a little afraid of bright orange lips. It's slightly darker and a little less neon than Revlon's Rendezvous. But then we struck trouble. Slight silver shimmer.

Really FOA? We were so close to tangerine perfection and then you just had to go in and give it a pearly finish. I know, I know, it's really not that bad and I'm sure that many people will be glad about this inclusion, but I can't help but feel that we were so very close to the ideal shade. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it. You can't have perfection all the time.

For the price, formulation and overall quality of this product, I am impressed. Sure, a bit of shimmer may have pushed the overall score from a ten down to a nine, but it's still up there as a favourite.


12 comments:

  1. Love the colour! It reminds me a bit of "Rendezvous" from Revlon's balm stains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little bit like Rendezvous, it just doesn't have the lasting power. x

      Delete
  2. Omg I love these gems! A great shade you've picked up.
    I feel exactly the same way - sometimes I don't like how the Revlon balms stain my lips so I prefer something temporary like these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good, and so affordable too! Though I love, love, love the Revlon ones there are times where you just don't want an all day stain so these are perfect. x

      Delete
  3. I do love FOA! They've done some amazing nail polishes in the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so spot on with their nail polishes. x

      Delete
  4. The colour is so pretty! I've only tried Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable balm stain before but this looks amazing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're worth checking out and they have some lovely shades to choose from. x

      Delete
  5. Love the colour :) FOA have been spot on with their recent releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOA never seems to step a foot wrong in my opinion! x

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried any of these ones, but I have to agree that FoA are doing pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...