Sunday, February 9, 2014

OOTD - Seeing spots




























I recently discovered that I am definitely not a fashion blogger. Do you have any idea just how hard it is to make an OOTD post? I'm telling you, it's darn near impossible.

First you have to come up with an outfit that is suitably fashionable, not too bland but something you wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen wearing in public. For this I chose to incorporate my red skater dress that I managed to get free from the Op-shop (yep, it cost me nothing). Let's just say, it's rather, uh, snug up top so in order to wear it without looking like...well you can imagine what it looks like...I wore a sheer spotted collared shirt from Cotton On that hadn't been getting much love. The result was, in my humble opinion, pretty darn cool. Paired with black stockings, a pair of boots and a blag handbag I think it looks very put together.




















Next you have to find a place to take your photos. It needs to be moderately interesting but not too distracting. It's nice if the colour scheme adds to the outfit or if it related to the outfit somehow. Basically, it's really challenging finding somewhere to take your photos.


You then need a photographer. For me I had no choice but to rope my little brother in, which really wasn't ideal for either of us. He was in such a hurry to get it over and done with that we had more horrendous photos than tolerable ones. Half of them cut my legs off, were angled strangely, blurred or too dark. He was bored after the first three photos and spent the entire time making fun of how I looked. I was adament that I had to have the perfect shot and kept harassing him about it. Working with a photographer who didn't want to be there was hard. 
































So you've managed to get the outfit, the venue and the photographer, now it's time to actually take the photos. Let me tell you, your poses may look cool in a photo but you just look ridiculous in real life. People stare and look at you like you are insane and in the end I spent more time trying not to look suspicious as I stood amongst the weeds in a posh little outfit while my brother yelled about how much longer it was going to take. Oh my gosh.


































Last of all is the editing and uploading process whereby you have to find the good shots amongst literally hundreds of terrible ones. You have to adjust the colours if need be, crop them and add them to your post. It is a very time consuming process.

So there you have it, my little taste of the fashion blogger world has shown me that an OOTD post is much harder than it looks, and a simple outfit probably has hours worth of effort behind it!

I hope you like this OOTD, I'll do my very best to continue making them but at this rate it's unlikely I'll post more than one a year!

12 comments:

  1. I love the red skirt ^^

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH I looove the outfit! It's something I myself would wear too! ^^
    Good job in making the dress work ;) And the top is so cute too!
    And i know what you mean. Instead of writing OOTD posts, I just take one self-timed shot and upload to instagram LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Sheri, you just gave me a big boost of confidence because I find OOTD posts so scary! Your approach to OOTDs sounds so much more sensible and achievable haha! x

      Delete
  3. Loving the spotty shirt! And good job with the post, it was a great read even if it was a pain to organise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, I am so glad you enjoyed it :) x

      Delete
  4. Omg! Your hair in that last shot is A-Mazing! I really like what you did with knotting the top, looks very cute!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous pictures though! I guess it was worth the work! haha! And that skirt is so cute! :) I really love this outfit (and that's saying something because I never read OOTD posts!!)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, this comment means so much to me - I find outfit posts so nerve wracking to do! Thank you so much :) x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...