Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Serious Sunburn

I did the stupidest thing today, and got seriously sunburnt. I'm always really careful about the sun, (really, really, really careful about the sun) especially as our Australian summers can be pretty harsh, but today I just didn't even think.

I wore a hat and sunscreen on my face, and I was wearing long sleeves. I absentmindedly pushed them up revealing my arms and of course I got very burnt.

On the rare occasion that I do get burnt, it never actually hurts, but today it is just so painful.

I don't know what to do...how do you help your skin after you have been sunburnt? Does anyone have anything they could suggest? I'm so annoyed with myself...




8 comments:

  1. Oh I feel your pain :( I'm usually really careful with the sun too but I agreed to be a makeup artist for a photographer once and he neglected to tell me that the shoot was outside in the sun, in the middle of the day in QLD! I still have strap marks from the burn, a million new shoulder freckles and it was a year ago. I found solosite gel the best thing for it. You lather it all over and it numbs the pain and sorta forms this sticky coating (its so disgusting but well worth it haha!) :-)

    http://www.emmaloeskow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, a whole year later and you still have the marks. I hope mine isn't that bad, but it feels pretty sore. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely give it a try.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloe Vera gel is amazing!! works really well but yogurt has a really nice soothing and cooling feeling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it wont be haha I'm just a pale person who was out in the sun and had three degree burns lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie - Yoghurt, wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks!

    Emma - All I can say is ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owch but better than the weather in England at the moment
    check out my blog at http://warrior-of.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yogurt gives a nice soothing feeling to burns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in case something like this happens again!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...