Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nivea Lip care - Fruity Shine Strawberry


Fruity Shine Strawberry did come as a bit of a disappointment, considering how much I love the Nivea Lip care range. Why?

Once again I could ramble on about how much I love the packaging because of its size, shape, colours and patterns, but no doubt you would get bored and politely ask me to move on. So I will.

It goes on nicely enough - it glides across your lips and feels all glossy and moisturising, but the colour is just a bit too much. Sure, I expected it to have a red tint to it, but on my lips it just looks like a three year old has been playing around with the dodgy makeup from the 2 dollar shop. It just doesn't look right. You also can't reapply it throughout the day because reapplying enhances the 2 dollar shop look, and you end up with unusually fluorescent, red coloured lips. Once you have applied it once, you have to cross your fingers and hope it stays on all day, because if you have dry lips like me, when you don't reapply you end up with bright red tinted flakes of skin peeling off your lips. Gross.
Saying all this, the smell is great, and I would buy it just to have the scent. It really only is the colour that puts me off - the texture is great.

I wouldn't use it everyday because the red colour is just too bright, but it would be okay if you were going out somewhere special. All up I would give it 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...