At the beginning of every year I like to look back on the year that has passed and make notes of all the good things that have happened as well as any mistakes I've made that I need to learn from. I find it quite therapeutic looking back and reflecting and I encourage others to do the same. It doesn't have to be a formal thing, just thinking while you're lying there in bed, about all the great things 2012 brought. It's good for practicing appreciation too.
In the spirit of New Year reflection I compiled a list of my blogging highlights for 2012:
- I reached 200 followers!
- I held my first giveaway
- I experienced my first PR interest and was sent some products to review
- I started up some series' on my blog (What do you think Wednesdays, Top 3 Tuesdays etc)
- I really became comfortable with my blog and confident and could therefore relax and just enjoy blogging
- I become better at taking interesting photos
- I reached 45 000 page views on my blog
- I got my first spam comment!
- I celebrated my 1 year anniversary
- I reached 1000 views on one post
- I discovered some amazing blogs to follow!
I've also made a list of achievements and milestones I would like to reach this year in terms of blogging:
- Reach 400 followers
- Continue my What do you think Wednesdays series and Monthly Favourites
- Perhaps widen into fashion, hair and jewellery based posts
- Post a little more regularly
- Be braver with my makeup
- Use up a product or two!
- Reach my two year anniversary
- Hold another giveaway
So there are my aims for another year of blogging. I have fallen in love with blogging and everything that comes with it - the writing of posts, taking of pictures, commenting on other people's blogs, interacting with beautiful, intelligent bloggers, discovering new makeup and of course adding to my own collection! Speaking of commenting on other people's blogs, I am going to try really hard to comment more often because I do read soooo many posts and think they are wonderful, but I often fail to leave a little message. I myself love comments, so it is time I return the favour!
In the spirit of a new, exciting year I have decided to post every single day this month and I'm going to call it Non-stop January.
I have been planning Non-stop January for a long time now and I hope you enjoy it! It will consist of all sorts of posts - reviews, NOTDs, OOTDs, EOTDs, TAGs, Makeup, Hair and even a DIY!
Be sure to get involved, commenting and enjoying the flooding of your dashboard with daily posts on YouReview!