You will need (1):
- Black cord
- 4-6 beads
- 40 bobby pins
- Nail polish in colours of your choice
What to do:
1. Begin by lining up the bobby pins along the card/paper. This is simply to ensure that they are in a straight line, thus ensuring that when painting them the lines will be aligned and precise. (2)
2. Cover the bobby pins with the lightest colour nail polish. It make take up to four or five coats to get full opacity. (3)
3. Use the tape to create lines to be filled in with your darker colour. Fill in the gaps with the polish.
4. Allow for the polish to dry and then reapply the tape and paint the gaps accordingly. Continue to do so until you are satisfied with the end result, creating stripes of different thicknesses. (4)
5. Cut the cord to the desired length and thread all of the beads onto the cord, spreading them out evenly along the cord. (5)
6. Between each of the beads, push eight pins onto the cord (the bumpy side facing down/back). Ensure that the pins all face the same way (the bumpy side on one side, flat on the other). (6)
7. To finish off you can either make a loop and tie on a washer to close off the necklace, or simply tie it in a bow when you wish to wear it.
8. You have your completed necklace!
There are many things that you can change and alter to suit your particular style in this project.
You may wish to use more or fewer beads, change the amount of pins between each of the beads, paint different patterns on the bobby pins with the nail polish and apply the pins with the bumpy and flat sides alternating (as opposed to all facing in the one direction).
If you like the look of this (I personally think it's an acquired taste, I understand it's not for everyone) then I would highly recommend trying it out because it is just so darn easy!
This is such a good idea! xReplyDelete
Oh thanks! I'm not particularly good at DIY so I was a bit nervous about posting this but your comment has made me feel so much better! :)Delete
I don't usually like DIY, but that is actually super prettyReplyDelete
I don't usually like DIY either but this just popped into my head and somehow turned out alright! Thanks so much for your boost of confidence :)Delete
What a cute diy! I am not really into statement necklaces but this looks awesome :)ReplyDelete
Thanks :) Glad you think it looks alrightDelete
great job :) a pretty neckless u made :)ReplyDelete
That is such a cute and thrifty idea! I am rubbish at DIY though!! :)ReplyDelete
Don't worry I am absolutely rubbish at DIY too - nothing ever seems to work out for me so it was a miracle that this did!Delete
شركة ريلاكس لنقل العفش والاثاثReplyDelete
شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بجدة
شركة نقل عفش بمكة
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
شركة نقل اثاث بابها
شركات نقل عفش واثاث بجدةReplyDelete
شركات نقل عفش بالطائف
اسعار وارقام شركات نقل العفش بالمدينة المنورة
دينا نقل عفش جدة ,افضل دينا
ارخص شركه نقل عفش بجده
دليل شركات نقل العفش بجدة
شركة نقل عفش برابغ ,15 عام خبرة
شركات نقل عفش واثاث بالباحه
وسائل نقل العفش بخميس مشيط