You will need (1):
- Black cord
- 4-6 beads
- 40 bobby pins
- Nail polish in colours of your choice
What to do:
1. Begin by lining up the bobby pins along the card/paper. This is simply to ensure that they are in a straight line, thus ensuring that when painting them the lines will be aligned and precise. (2)
2. Cover the bobby pins with the lightest colour nail polish. It make take up to four or five coats to get full opacity. (3)
3. Use the tape to create lines to be filled in with your darker colour. Fill in the gaps with the polish.
4. Allow for the polish to dry and then reapply the tape and paint the gaps accordingly. Continue to do so until you are satisfied with the end result, creating stripes of different thicknesses. (4)
5. Cut the cord to the desired length and thread all of the beads onto the cord, spreading them out evenly along the cord. (5)
6. Between each of the beads, push eight pins onto the cord (the bumpy side facing down/back). Ensure that the pins all face the same way (the bumpy side on one side, flat on the other). (6)
7. To finish off you can either make a loop and tie on a washer to close off the necklace, or simply tie it in a bow when you wish to wear it.
8. You have your completed necklace!
There are many things that you can change and alter to suit your particular style in this project.
You may wish to use more or fewer beads, change the amount of pins between each of the beads, paint different patterns on the bobby pins with the nail polish and apply the pins with the bumpy and flat sides alternating (as opposed to all facing in the one direction).
If you like the look of this (I personally think it's an acquired taste, I understand it's not for everyone) then I would highly recommend trying it out because it is just so darn easy!