Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Top 3 Tuesday - Eyeshadow

This week's Top 3 Tuesday is my favourite eyeshadows, a category I really enjoyed doing! I know I am posting this on Wednesday - I am so so sorry...it would take me so long to explain to you how crazy this past week has been!

1. Essence Eye Souffle in Pas Des Copper
I had no trouble deciding my absolute favourite eyeshadow for this week! This eyeshadow is the best, I love it so much I think I could wear it everyday for the rest of my life and still never get bored. I love the texture and consistency, the formula, shade, packaging and everything else about it! Unfortunately (of course) it is discontinued, however Essence has a similar range of products (their Stay all day long lasting cream shadows) which I haven't tried out but expect would be similar (and their packaging is cooler). I plan on picking up 'Glammy goes to' next time I pass by Essence.

2. Australis Nudist Palette
Despite picking this up only recently it has quickly become one of my favourites. The large shade range within the one palette is really convenient, and being the neutral loving person I am it really suits my taste. It does have things it could improve on however I still really like it.

*You can win this in my current giveaway here!

3. Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeshadow Palette in Autumn Spirit
I reviewed this ages ago (and admittedly it wasn't the best post I have ever done)  but it is still in my top 3 favourites. All four of the colours featured are perfect, including the pink shade which sounds awful but it surprisingly lovely. I only recently discovered it (I had ignored it previously) and now I use it often. I expect this is discontinued too...I shouldn't post about discontinued products, should I?

Close but not close enough...

For my close but not close enough this week I am featuring my Maybelline Dream Mousse Eyeshadow in Suede Sensation. I love this shadow but it has been discontinued for a remarkably long time now, so I figured it probably wasn't right to feature 3 discontinued products in my top 3! I also think that because the one I have is so old it has lost its initial 'wow' factor and is now more of a grotty mess. Nevertheless I still love it!


6 comments:

  1. I love Pas des Copper! It is one of my favourite eyeshadows for sure. The quality I find is a lot better than the Stay All Day cream eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Stay All Day eyeshadows, but I find it interesting that they aren't similar in quality - I would have thought that they used the same formula for both!
      xx

      Delete
  2. haven't heard much from essence. How would you describe them as a brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really love the brand Essence. Their prices are so unbelievably cheap which means that I can try so many things out. Whilst they are not the best of the best in quality (and they do have their fair share of dud products) they have some brilliant buys suitable for people of all ages. Their nail polishes and lipstick are my favourites, but at the kind of prices they have, it is worth checking out a bit of everything. You can't go wrong!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I hate it when they discontinue good quality products, you should still post about them. Who knows? Maybe they'll bring them back :) Mac does that from time to time
    -Fleur

    pourlefemmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so frustrating when one of your favourites becomes discontinued! Thanks for the comment :)
      xx

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...