Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lipstick Queen Fifteen Minutes of Fame Gloss - 1 Minute

I received this product as a gift, and I had never heard of the brand before, never seen these products and had no idea where they could be bought from. The packaging had very little information on it so that didn't help, but after a bit of research I found out that it was quite a big brand (and it has a very cool website).

These lipglosses are part of a range called 'Fifteen Minutes of Fame Pop Art gloss.' What I think is really cool, is that there are fifteen shades of gloss in the range and each of them is named after each minute, so it goes from one minute (which I have) all through to fifteen minutes.

The lipgloss has pretty cool packaging with black stripes and a logo being the only thing present on the gloss itself. It is not like a normal lipgloss, it has a wind up mechanism that allows for the precise amount of lipgloss to be dispensed as you please. There is a twisty end that clicks as you turn it around, and on the other end is a small brush that fills up with gloss. This is very similar to the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer.

As mentioned, I got the shade '1 minute' which is the lightest shade. It is almost transparent which is a shame because I would have much preferred one of the darker shades It is glitter and shimmer free which I am very pleased about, and is a light milky pink colour. This is a very thick gloss in my opinion, and can actually get quite sticky, especially if you apply too much. The only good thing about this is that it lasts a fairly long time on the lips, but I don't like the feel and texture of this gloss so I don't want it to last anyway!

It does give a very high sheen but it looks as if you have just dipped your lips into a bucket of slime due to the fact that it is so thick. I think it may be different if I had a different shade, but because this is basically transparent, it doesn't look too good.

At first I really liked the brush type application, but as I began to use this product more it became stiff and sticky as it was stuck together with old gloss that hadn't been used up in the last application. Bits of fluff got stuck to it and it became such a mess. It really put me off this type of lipgloss.

I have no idea how much this product costs, where you can purchase it from or if they are even still being sold, but what I can tell you is that I don't think this product is worth it and that there are so many other glosses with better formulas and better forms of application to choose from. I give this gloss 5 out of 10.

5 comments:

  1. The packaging looks amazing! When I saw that in my newsfeed I was like "I'm so getting that" but I'm not gonna get it anymore because it sounds as if it's a disgusting product! Nice review!
    Made me laugh!
    xx

    http://takingovertheworldapairofshoesatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked this review and found it amusing, even if the product itself was disappointing. Like you I think the packaging is lovely, just the product...well, not so much!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award: http://escapedpotato.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/modified-version-of-versatile-blogger_19.html

    P.S. You write pretty good reviews =)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...