Thursday, August 2, 2012

Essence Gel Eyeliner - Midnight in Paris

Being absolutely useless at applying eyeliner is simply something that I have had to come to terms with and accept. I honestly belive that it is something that no matter how hard I try or how many times I do it, I will never be able to achieve it easily. Don't get me wrong, I am capable of applying eyeliner and doing what I consider to be a pretty darn good job, it just takes me half an hour, six tries later, a heck of a lot of frustration and sore eyes.

Out of the liquid, pencil and gel eyeliner options I find gel to be the easiest to apply, without a doubt. It is for this reason that I bought the Essence Gel Eyeliner in 'Midnight in Paris.'

If you have read a review on this product before you are probably aware of how smooth and creamy this product is. Some gel eyeliner are rock hard and drag on your eyelids as you apply them, this eyeliner most certainly is not. Even if you touch it with the lightest hand a significant dent will be left in your product. This makes it so easy to apply.

It is also wonderfully pigmented. Take a look at the picture below and you will know what I mean, this is black as black. I personally wouldn't wear this daily, but for a night out or special occasion, this is perfect.

I like my eyeliner to be subtle, the kind that when you wear it you trick people into thinking you have incredible, dark, thick lashes. I am able to create the thinnest of lines, as well as thick ones with ease.

It doesn't transfer at any stage when worn and claims to be waterproof. I haven't done any crying or run through a torrential downpour whilst wearing it, but I would agree that it is waterproof on everyday terms. The swatch that I applied on my hand would not budge - I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed but it stuck it out the entire time. I'm impressed.

The packaging is right up my alley with the glass bottom and plastic lid. It's sturdy and relatively attractive.

I think that there are four colours in the range - a black, brown, purple and navy. I'm not entirely sure about navy, I have only ever seen the black and brown ones. When purchasing them ensure that the one you buy hasn't had someone stick their finger in it, I myself nearly bought one that had half the product scooped out.

I am highly impressed with the consisteny, pigmentation and lasting power of this ridiculously cheap product. Gel eyeliner fans will be impressed with this. As you can see from the picture of my eyeball below (no mascara, eyeshadow or anything besides eyeliner) it really makes my lashes look thicker, especially when you are a little further away and it just appears as though your lashes are wonderfully full and dark.


I give this product 9/10.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. there are a lot of interesting things on your blog! If I were you I would be really proud of myself! Keep on!
      Would you like to follow each other? :) I follow you now :)
      http://coldinvitation.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Thankyou so much for your kind comment, I try to write good posts and I love blogging! Thanks for following and leaving your link, I'll be checking your blog out in a minute! :)
      xx

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...