Thursday, August 9, 2012

MAC in Target?!

You may have heard a whisper or two about this exciting news, but if you haven't, Target is going to stock MAC products!

According to their online catalogue, select stores are going to be selling a small range of MAC products at lower prices, including lipsticks, eyeshadows and blushes.

I don't know about you but this isn't something I really imagined would ever happen, but I sure am excited about it! I actually don't own any MAC products but that hasn't stopped me from drooling over them and making endless lists of all the beautiful products that I will buy 'one day!'

The prices listed in the catalogue are as follows:
Studio fix powder plus foundation - $29
Blush Powder - $24
Lipglass - $21
Eye Kohl Pencil - $19
Lipstick - $21
Eyeshadow - $19

Now I am a bargain lover and can't stand the thought of paying more than I have to, but I am pretty sure that these prices are ridiculously cheap in comparison to what these products usually retail for. According to Target the foundation is supposed to sell for $49, the lipstick $36 and the eyeshadows $19. What a bargain!

This may be the excuse I have been waiting for the purchase my first MAC product! The only thing that I do think might happen is that they only stock the unloved, unpopular shades. Hopefully this is not the case!

For those of you who own a MAC product or two, do you have any suggestions? I'm most interested in the lipsticks, then the eyeshadows then the blushes and I would love to hear your shade suggestions. For lipsticks I'm thinking Creme Cup or Lovelorn and for the eyeshadow Woodwinked or Naked lunch.  As for the blushes....I have no idea!

18 comments:

  1. I went in there today and picked up a lipstick, I got just the standard Red. I'm pretty sure they had Creme Cup and Lovelorn but sadly I didn't get a good look at the eyeshadows! But I'll definitely be back ;) hehe!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, so they do have decent shades! Ohhhh your comment has made my day, I am so excited!!! :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I saw that online last night. Thought I was going loopy but obviously not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope not, I would love Target to store MAC! :)
      x

      Delete
  3. Nominated youu
    xx
    http://takingovertheworldapairofshoesatatime.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about that on the target catalogue last night and I was so excited at first, but I couldn't help being a little suspicious because why would they sell it much cheaper? will the products pass their best before date or something (do makeup even have best before dates? hehe)? but nonetheless, still excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why you are a bit suspicious...I thought that perhaps the reason they were so cheap was because they were all the unwanted shades, but Jasmine from Sweetaholic beauty told me that it was not the case! Still, I think it is worth getting excited about! :)
      x

      Delete
  5. oh, and you've been nominated (sorry if you have the award already but just thought you'd like to know..) :D

    http://randomsofira.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait can this be true?!?! will it be available in the U.S too?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it is true, at least here in Australia. I do not know about the US, perhaps you could look in the online catalogue.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Hi, please becareful. The 'MAC' selling in Target is fake counterfeit products. Please refer to this forum http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/forums/9/topics/14460?page=2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment! I got all of my information from the Target website. I personally doubt that Target would be selling fake counterfeit products, however that is just my personal opinion and I am willing to take that risk. I do not feel as though it would be worth Target selling 'fakes' as they could be in a lot of legal trouble for false advertising. It is up to those who purchase these new MAC products from Target to decide whether they are real or fake, and whether they think it is worth taking the risk. My personal view is that I don't think they are fakes and I am happy to purchase such products from Target, a huge, trustworthy store.
      Thanks for your opinion though, I guess this topic will certainly evoke a fair amount of debate!

      I would be interested to know what other people think! Do you think Target would sell fakes? Are you going to purchase MAC products from Target?

      xx

      Delete
  8. I don't know if you have heard or already bought these products but Target did stop stocking these products because MAC accused them of being 'fake'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hear that, I thought that was pretty shocking on Target's behalf! Thanks for letting me know anyway :)
      x

      Delete
    2. I heard that too, they were on the news for a few days. Such a shame that Target would do that!

      Do you know what came off it? I didn't hear anything again after the initial headlines.

      Delete
    3. I have no idea what happened after that, I haven't heard anything since.
      x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...