Saturday, February 11, 2012

Makeup and sport is not a good mix

I am constantly surprised at the sheer number of people who wear makeup when they play sport. Is it just me, or is it a little bit odd that people load their faces with foundation, concealer, eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, blush, bronzer and lipstick before they play a game of netball. Yes, there are several girls in my team who feel required to look like supermodels 24/7 and in their eyes that means wearing a full face of makeup, even while playing sport. Gosh, some of the girls wear more than I ever do and somehow manage to play a hard, fast game of netball.

I tried it, once. I was wearing a thin layer of foundation and a concealer on a couple of my blemishes. I was not wearing mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush, bronzer or lipstick unlike many of the other girls, but I found it to be just plain awful. Let me tell you, there is nothing that feels worse than your foundation sliding off your face due to excessive sweating, having your concealer run down your neck as you wipe the beads of sweat off your brow. It's revolting and I don't know how they do it when they have ten times as much makeup as me. Do others feel the same or am I alone in my opinion?

5 comments:

  1. wearing foundation during sports/exercise is just ick! I don't know why some women do it., it all sweats away anyway. I like wearing a bit of gloss in the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree about a huge face of makeup, really, contouring? not necessary!
    I often play volleyball of an evening and have been at work in the day, so while I don't wash my face before I head off to the game I do make sure I've kept it natural and as light as possible, and I wouldn't wear lipstick or lots of powder or anything.
    On the other hand, I go bright red when I'm excercising, and my skin isn't the best so I feel much better about myself when I have something like tinted moisturiser on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pandora - It really does feel awful and there isn't much point because like you said, it's gone before you know it!

    Youlittlebeauty - I can totally understand it if you are already wearing makeup for work and then play sport afterwards, but contouring is a little excessive! Haha. I know lots of people who wear tinted moisturiser, or even light foundation because it makes them feel good, and they don't have nearly as many problems with the slimy, gross feeling! I'm with them there, wear what makes you feel good but don't go overboard! It just looks silly when you're covered in the stuff!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its understandable if you come from somewhere to play, but going there completely done up is pointless, unless you plan on riding the bench! You'll only end up looking worse then you would have

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...