Monday, October 17, 2011

Old or New - 2012 or 2002 - Mag 1

Let's start with a Dolly magazine from February 2004 featuring Christina Aguilera with what I consider to be possibly the worst hair I have ever seen. (Sorry to those who consider this hairstyle to be attractive, but honestly, it's not my thing!)

Right, on page 70 we have a 'Trend Alert!' This trend alert I found to be rather amusing. I'll share it with you now...

"Lashes are big right now and we mean that literally. Long, fat blacker-than-black lashes are an easy way to up your glam factor and have been spotted on every celeb from Hilary to Avril. Start by curling your lashes with an eyelash curler. Squeeze gently, hold for a few seconds and release. To get really black lashes it's better to apply two thinner coats than one clumpy thick one. Put the mascara wand at the root of your lashes then wiggle and roll the brush upwards to get an all-over coating. Let your lashes dry for a minute, then repeat. Apply to your lower lashes gently the same way. To make your eyes really stand out, line them with black liquid liner, keeping it as close as possible to your lash line."

Well, I don't know about you guys, but isn't this the way you ALWAYS do your mascara? I wonder how people did their mascara before they became aware of Dolly's technique?! I find this amusing, because honestly, it is how I always wear mascara! I think we all know that this is not just applicable to 2004, but has carried on over the years!
Moving on, we come to page 74 where we find another 'Trend Alert!' Yay!

This one is hair related, and it connects to Christina's hair on the cover. Basically it says that obvious, thick black streaks in blonde hair is in. (Or in Christina's case, black streaks in white/grey hair!) I personally am not a fan. I think this is one trend that (thankfully) stayed right in 2004! I like the subtle streak but this is ridiculous!

So there we have it for our first post in the 'Old or New - 2012 or 2002' series (do you call it a series? I'm not sure...) Hope you enjoyed and had a bit of a laugh!

5 comments:

  1. Your not the only one, I think that hairstyle is hideous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, at least I'm not the only one! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh always when I see someone with that hairstyle I know this person has no feeling for style at all xD
    I find it interesting to see what they considered trend a few years ago. But honestly everything near the 90's/early 2000's was rly horrible when it comes to styling XD waahh~ just so not my world. :D
    Thanks for your sweet words I was really happy about them! <3

    Ich mag deinen Blog auch sehr gerne :))xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love this!
    This is such a good idea!
    Love it!

    I travelled to Australia a few times now and I loved Dolly :)

    alex
    xoxo

    honeyteaandbiscuits.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...