Monday, May 21, 2012

Covergirl Waterproof Lash Blast Length Mascara

I have been using the Covergirl Waterproof Lash Blast Length Mascara in Very Black for so long now, but have never thought to write a review.

When I look for mascara there are two main things that I want - length and definition. The volume side of things doesn't bother me too much, although I don't want terribly spidery lashes, so a good balance of the three is ideal. I also prefer waterproof mascaras as somehow I always end up with panda eyes if I dare to wear a non waterproof one.

This mascara gives me everything I want - length and definition without making my lashes look horrible and spidery. The formula is not too wet and not too dry and doesn't clump during application. It really does make my lashes longer (or at least give the illusion that it does) and it is brilliant at defining every lash. Because of this, I don't like using it on my lower lashes because I find that it makes them much too long!

I am a big fan of the long rubber brush - the bristles are flexible but still coat the lashes remarkably well. It is easy to apply mascara to the lashes in the inner corner due to the long, thin brush.

Because the formula is waterproof, it is relatively difficult to get off. It can be a pain but I consider it to be worth the hassle. Sometimes waterproof mascaras can make my eyelashes all hard and crunchy, but this formula means that I don't have to worry about them snapping off should I happen to bend them accidentally.

I rarely apply more than one coat because I find that the results after the first application are to my liking, but it does allow nicely for a second application, although begins to get clumpy after a third.

I am able to wear this for a whole day without it flaking or smudging. There was one time where I had an allergic reaction (to what I still don't know) and was rubbing my watering eyes continuously where it did spread a little black under my eyes, but that was an unusual once off, so I'm not going to hold it against it.

The tube is (obviously) yellow which I wasn't particularly fond of in the beginning, but I have grown to like it. Not that it matters of course, it is all about the product!

I cannot remember how much it cost me at the time, but as far as I am aware, they sell for approximately $17.95.

If you tend to gravitate to lengthening and defining mascaras then it is likely that you would be a fan of this, but if you're more of a volume loving kind of girl then I wouldn't say that this is for you. I give this product 9/10.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover girl mascaras but I'm not much of a fan of this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a shame, I love it!
    Thanks for the comment.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...