Saturday, January 7, 2012

Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs

It's quiz time everyone!
1. What is the most beautiful looking perfume in the world?
2. What is the most beautiful smelling perfume in the world?
3. What is the all round best perfume in the world?

If you answered Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs, you would be correct.

I was so incredibly lucky to get this from Mum and Dad for Christmas this year. I have been obsessively drooling over this perfume for SO.DAMN.LONG it is quite unbelievable. You see, it's as if I have some kind of fear of spending large amounts of money in one shot. Spending fifty dollars in one blast? Scary as hell. So of course, this little beauty really isn't all that cheap, and that is what has put me off getting it for so long. Don't laugh, it's not funny! Haha.

I am so pleased with this present, it is ridiculous. I can spend half and hour literally standing there admiring the bottle. As for the fragrance, gosh, it is better than I remember when raiding Myers for all their testers. So damn good.

Not only did I receive this 75mL bottle, but it came as pack. In that pack, was a teen tiny 4mL bottle (travel sized) and a body lotion with the fragrance in it. Oh my, how amazing.

I'm going to attempt to describe the fragrance. It's like a grown up version of a fruity, flower, sugar hit. It is super sweet and beautiful . It's fun and exciting but still sophisticated. It is so bubbly, feminine and gorgeous. It kind of smells like a soap (in a way that I really love) and it doesn't have a huge amount of 'oomph' that makes people go "Oh my God, what scent are you wearing!" but it is just beautiful and pleasant. It is definitely my scent. Okay, a little more fruity perhaps, and then it would be my scent.

Okay, after I massacred that, I'm going to give you their description of Daisy Eau So Fresh. I'm sure you shall appreciate a much more technical, accurate, understandable description!
On the Daisy Eau So Fresh website it says: "Vibrant, charming, whimsical, Daisy Eau So Fresh is the spirited new version of the original Daisy. It transports you to a place that is happy and sunny." Transports you it does! "Daisy Eau So Fresh is a bright, floral, fruity fragrance. It radiates with a sunny and sparkling energy. A whimsical yet elegant fragrance with playful notes of crisp raspberry, sensuous wild rose, and deep warm plum." Yum.

Now for the bottle - isn't is so feminine and romantic? The rubber flowers cover the top, in the colours pink, white and one yellow one. I like the shape of the glass bottle much more than the original Daisy. It is more elegant and classy.

Even though it is an Eau de Toilette, I feel as though it lasts all day with no trouble. It really has 'stages' of the fragrance that it moves through after time. The first few minutes aren't that great. After that, it is super fresh and sweet, with the fruity side of it being the most prominent. After a few hours, the floral bits really kick in and become more noticeable. At the very end, it smells more woody and musk smelling (my least favourite stage of the fragrance).

The bad bit? The price. It is quite expensive which, as mentioned before, was really off putting.

Now onto the body lotion. It comes in a pale pink, 75ml plastic tube (the same size as the large fragrance bottle) with little daisies splattered on it. I use it as a hand cream because I haven't any others, and I think my hands deserve a little pampering! It would also get used up much to quickly if I used it on my body. It would be a waste to put such a gorgeous fragrance onto my legs!

It is a light, colourless lotion that isn't greasy and is reasonably moisturising. The fragrance isn't nearly as strong as the perfume (of course!) so it is a good alternative when you still want to smell gorgeous, but you don't want it to be too strong. When I first tried it I thought the fragrance was the perfect match in terms of how it smells in comparison to the perfume, but now I feel as though it smeels a little bit different.

The little travel size bottle is oh so cute, with a little pink flower sitting on the top. It doesn't have a spray in it, it is just an open top which I am not really a fan of. Because of its tiny size it is really easy to take around with you, gosh you could keep it in your pocket!

I am going to have to give this fragrance 9.5 out of 10. I want to give it ten, but a bit more fruit and a little less floral would have made it the ultimate fragrance. Other than that, I cannot complain.

The little travel sized (4ml) fragrance featuring one flower


I think this is my best (and longest!) review I have ever written. Not because the content is particularly good (though saying that I'm pleased with the outcome) but because of the feelgood factor whilst writing this. I am sure other bloggers will understand me when I say that writing this has made me incredibly happy. Here, lying on my bed with my laptop, Florence and the Machine (my most favourite band of all time) blasting out their newest album Ceremonials (particularly the song Heartlines, which is the most inspiring, empowering, incredible song I have ever heard), writing about something I love. I think I'm going to cry! Happiness does weird things to me...


You can see the reflective parts of the bottle!
 
What a pretty box...definitely a keeper!

If you are interested in Florence's song Heartlines, it is below. Give it a chance, it gets better as it goes along (if that is even possible).

5 comments:

  1. Awww! I can see this review came straight from the heart :)So glad that it was a perfume that did it.I absolutely LOVE perfumes.:)Eau so fresh is Marc Jacob's daisy's little sister. A little more fruiter and spirited.Loved every bit of this post.The picture of perfume with the daisies is awesome.
    Just listened to Heartlines.Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove this perfume. I have been wearing it forever and I think I will be a lifetime user.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pandora - It did come from the heart. Thankyou for your kind words, it means a lot to me. I love taking photos of perfumes, they deserve a special photos shoot! Haha. Glad you liked Heartlines, it's such an amazing song.

    Beauty Makeup Addict - It is a gorgeous perfume, I think I shall be sticking with it too!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candice! I love this post of yours :)
    This perfume looks gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!
    Your blog is so good, I'd love if you could check out mine? Theres a giveaway going on too!

    Anyway, I'm looking through your old posts, and you have come a long way, GOOD JOB! I'm in love with your blog, it is so down to earth :)
    keep up the good work!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thankyou so much Leah! I do feel as though I have come a seriously long way since starting!

    Don't you worry, I am obessed with your blog, and your youtube channel. You are brilliant.

    I'll have a look at the giveaway, it sounds cool.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...