Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top 3 Tuesday - Bronzer/Illuminator

Bronzer and illuminator, along with primers, are probably the products I neglect the most. It's not because I don't like the look of them, nor is it because I don't know how to apply them...it's simply because I am just too lazy. Unfortunately I always have limited time to get ready in the mornings and therefore only the bare minimum finds itself on my face. Highlighter and bronzer often isn't even considered in the slightest. When I do have time, however, I make the most of it, and these are my favourite Bronzing, highlighting and illuminating products.

1. Savvy by DB Jumbo Bronzer - Teracotta
I purchased this bronzer when Savvy was having a crazy sale and everything was $3. It is jumbo sized, has hideous packaging and crumbles quite easily but is so worth it. This matte bronzer doesn't make me muddy and is perfect for contouring. Of course, as is the case with all good products, it is discontinued. I haven't tried any of the bronzers in their new range but I would be interested to know what they are like.

2. Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator - Angel Flame
I thought that these were limited edition, but I have still seen them around and being advertised in magazines, so fingers crossed that they are still being sold because they are wonderful! I love this illuminator because it has a really glowy finish. I use it like a normal illuminator or with blush and it really just brightens up my face.

3. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting concealer
I am cheating a bit here with this one, but who would have thought such a combination, concealer and highlighter, could work so well! I always thought that concealer was to hide imperfections, not highlight them! I use this on the inner corners of my eyes and on my cheekbones and it is so subtle but gorgeous. I love this product!

Close but not close enough...


For my close but not close enough product this week I have...a no name product. Yes, if this had a name I would have put it as my number one product, but because it doesn't have any label whatsoever and my Mum cannot recall where she purchased it (it was hers initially) I figured it couldn't take out the title of the best highlighting product. It's the most gorgeous stick highlighter, a pinky/pearl colour that is just so flattering and easy to work with. I love it and hope it never runs out!

14 comments:

  1. I purchased the FOA one just yesterday, so it's definitely still being sold! Haven't tried it yet (and I actually hadn't heard much on it before so it was a gamble buying it!) but I thought it looked so nice!
    I wish that Savvy by DB was still around, because it sounds wonderful! I have a mineral bronzer by them which is fairly good though! :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh which shade did you get? It is so nice, use it sparingly, a little goes a very long way. I also found that I had to experiment a bit before I found my favourite way to apply it. The Savvy bronzer is wonderful, shame that it doesn't exist anymore...still, it's not like I'll ever need to purchase it again because it is just so huge! It is sad that no one else can get it though :(

      Thanks for commenting!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Every time I read your top 3 posts, I always add more make-up on my wishlist! All 3 products sound absolutely amazing - I love bronzers and illuminators! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I'm glad you like these types of posts. I'm pretty sure I've run out of all the possible products I can pick top 3s for, so I don't expect Top 3 Tuesday will go on anymore :(. I should try and find an alternative, replacement series! Any ideas?
      xx

      Delete
  3. Beautifully written! I LOVE READING YOUR POSTS!!
    They cheer me up and make my day!(might have an addiction to be honest haha!) :D
    Keep them coming their amazing! <3

    Jasmine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I am so glad that you enjoy my blog :) Comments like yours cheer me up and make MY day. As for the addiction, at least it is a cheap one - try being to addicted to all this makeup like I am (it's fun though!)
      Thanks for commenting :)
      xxxx

      Delete
  4. I have seen the illuminators back in stores :) I have 2 but I don't have this one!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you think of them, did you like them?
      xx

      Delete
  5. What about top 3 eyebrow stuff? top 3 primers?

    Is the illuminator glittery at all? I purchased an illuminator by SHE cosmetics and it was sooo glittery in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The illuminator is reasonably glittery. I don't mind it much, but if you are really sensitive to it you might not get on with this product!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Nice post :)

    I've heard good things about the Savvy baked bronzers and blushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've got some of their products from their old range and I really liked them.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I tried to find the FOA illuminators in two priceline stores last week and no luck :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How disappointing :( That's really annoying, they should totally be part of the regular line!
      xx

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...