The idea for this tag post came about the other day when I found some of my old makeup that I hadn't used in a while. I found some of the makeup that had been my favourite, the stuff that I would use on a daily basis and considered a staple part of my collection and was quite surprised (and perhaps slightly embarrassed!) that I ever liked it.
As I began writing this post I found that it would work better as a TAG so I decided to create one myself. Please let me know if someone else has created something like this before me and I will change it immediately to give them credit!
TAG - My makeup history
Answer the following questions and take a picture (or two) that relates to your answers. (My top picture shows white eyeliner, an answer to one of my questions).
1. How long have you been wearing makeup: A couple of years, though more seriously since starting this blog.
2. What was your favourite makeup product in the beginning: Lip balm
3. What is your favourite makeup product now: Lipstick
4. What were some of your favourite brands in the beginning: BYS, Maybelline
5. What are some of your favourite brands now: Essence, Face of Australia
6. How would you describe your makeup 'style': Natural and Neutral
7. What is your everyday makeup like: A light layer of foundation/tinted moisturiser, neutral eyeshadow, touch of blush and a pink lip tint
8. What is your 'going out' makeup like: Foundation, bronzer,brown eyeshadow, eyeliner and lipstick
9. What makeup look are you known for: Light pink lips, shimmery brown shadow
10. What is the worst beauty crime you have committed: I've always been pretty conservative though I did have some pretty awful untamed eyebrows for a while there!
11. What is the worst beauty crime you are proud to have not committed: Orange foundation with horrible lines around the jaw where it stops
12. What is a trend you were part of but now aren't a fan of: I used to line my waterline with bright white eyeliner (not even nude/skin tone liner, bright white!) because I read somewhere that it brightened the eyes. It didn't look too bad, but it wasn't overly flattering. I also used to pack masses of shimmery white shadow in the inner corners of my eyes. I like a bit of light shadow there, but it was borderline dangerous considering how strong the light reflection was, I could have blinded someone!
13. What is one trend you are proud to say you were never part of: I never went for the super heavy, caked on foundation look with dark, thick eyeliner and black shadow which I am pleased about (a trend so many of my peers went through!)
14. What is one look you will never ever go for: Neon/ridiculously bright eyeshadow - I am much too scared to do something like that, but it really isn't my taste anyway
15. If you were brave enough to wear any look, what would you go for: Winged liquid liner and bright red lips!
16. An old HG product of yours: Nivea Fruity Shine lip balm Pink Guava
17. A current HG product of yours: Face of Australia Lip Crayons
I tag specifically:
Jasmine from Sweetaholic Beauty
Emma from Smudged liner and split ends
Ellie from Elliebeaa
Tara from Still Blushful
Abigail from Shrinking Wallet
Char! from It's Charr
Alia from Taking over the world one pair of shoes at a time
I would love for others to take part in this TAG, please link any post you do so I can read it too!