The idea for this tag post came about the other day when I found some of my old makeup that I hadn't used in a while. I found some of the makeup that had been my favourite, the stuff that I would use on a daily basis and considered a staple part of my collection and was quite surprised (and perhaps slightly embarrassed!) that I ever liked it.
As I began writing this post I found that it would work better as a TAG so I decided to create one myself. Please let me know if someone else has created something like this before me and I will change it immediately to give them credit!
TAG - My makeup history
Answer the following questions and take a picture (or two) that relates to your answers. (My top picture shows white eyeliner, an answer to one of my questions).
1. How long have you been wearing makeup: A couple of years, though more seriously since starting this blog.
2. What was your favourite makeup product in the beginning: Lip balm
3. What is your favourite makeup product now: Lipstick
4. What were some of your favourite brands in the beginning: BYS, Maybelline
5. What are some of your favourite brands now: Essence, Face of Australia
6. How would you describe your makeup 'style': Natural and Neutral
7. What is your everyday makeup like: A light layer of foundation/tinted moisturiser, neutral eyeshadow, touch of blush and a pink lip tint
8. What is your 'going out' makeup like: Foundation, bronzer,brown eyeshadow, eyeliner and lipstick
9. What makeup look are you known for: Light pink lips, shimmery brown shadow
10. What is the worst beauty crime you have committed: I've always been pretty conservative though I did have some pretty awful untamed eyebrows for a while there!
11. What is the worst beauty crime you are proud to have not committed: Orange foundation with horrible lines around the jaw where it stops
12. What is a trend you were part of but now aren't a fan of: I used to line my waterline with bright white eyeliner (not even nude/skin tone liner, bright white!) because I read somewhere that it brightened the eyes. It didn't look too bad, but it wasn't overly flattering. I also used to pack masses of shimmery white shadow in the inner corners of my eyes. I like a bit of light shadow there, but it was borderline dangerous considering how strong the light reflection was, I could have blinded someone!
13. What is one trend you are proud to say you were never part of: I never went for the super heavy, caked on foundation look with dark, thick eyeliner and black shadow which I am pleased about (a trend so many of my peers went through!)
14. What is one look you will never ever go for: Neon/ridiculously bright eyeshadow - I am much too scared to do something like that, but it really isn't my taste anyway
15. If you were brave enough to wear any look, what would you go for: Winged liquid liner and bright red lips!
16. An old HG product of yours: Nivea Fruity Shine lip balm Pink Guava
17. A current HG product of yours: Face of Australia Lip Crayons
I tag specifically:
Jasmine from Sweetaholic Beauty
Emma from Smudged liner and split ends
Ellie from Elliebeaa
Tara from Still Blushful
Abigail from Shrinking Wallet
Char! from It's Charr
Alia from Taking over the world one pair of shoes at a time
I would love for others to take part in this TAG, please link any post you do so I can read it too!
Thank youu for tagging meeeReplyDelete
No problem, I would love to see your response :)Delete
Thanks for the tag! I will make a response post when I next have time :)ReplyDelete
Cool, sounds good :)Delete
Yay! Thanks a bunch for doing the tag!Delete
Just discovered your blog and I love it! I'm your newest follower! You didn't tag me specifically but I think I'm going to do this tag over on my blog!ReplyDelete
Nice to meet you Chelsey :)Delete
I would LOVE for you to do this tag, how exciting!
Thanks for tagging me! I'm going to do this tag right now :) xxReplyDelete
Glad you are interested, I look forward to your response!Delete
Thanks for the tag! I'll do it as soon as I can (:ReplyDelete
Looking forward to it :)Delete
I don't get fully black eyeshadow in the daytime either :P One of the first makeup products I bought was this white Rimmel eye pencil because of the tip that lining the waterline with it made your eyes appear brighter/larger. It did nothing for me except sting my eyes like crazy. I'm still looking for a peachier alternative but can't bring myself to shell out for Stila Topaz.ReplyDelete
Black eyeshadow certainly isn't my thing. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who went for the white liner after hearing about its 'brightening' properties!Delete
lovely idea for a tag post, really enjoyed reading it :) i'm now following you by the way, love your blog + it's original setup! www.gemsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk xxxReplyDelete
Thanks for your kind words, I'm really pleased that you enjoyed my tag (I was a bit nervous about it!). I would love it if you did it!Delete
I'm definitely going to take part in this TAG. I'd love you to check out my blog too, B xReplyDelete
I can't wait to read your response!Delete
Awesome tag! My response is here:ReplyDelete
Thanks a heap for doing the tag! It was great to read your response.Delete
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض وجدة والدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
شركة نقل عفش بجدة
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
شركة نقل عفش بمكة
شركة نقل عفش بينبع