I'm the kind of person who packs 'just in case,' justifying any ridiculous additons to my suitcase with the phrase 'but what if...(insert ridiculous scenario here).' Who knows, maybe I will end up going out to dinner at a posh restaurant in the middle of a camping trip, which of course would mean I have to pack my red lippie. It hasn't happened yet, but it could.
I have noticed that when I go travelling, any plans that I have made regarding the kind of looks I am hoping to wear and the makeup I am planning to apply fly out the window. I become terribly lazy and only want to wear the bare minimum, if any at all. Nevertheless I still pack way to much makeup, and enjoy every second of cramming as much as I can into the little nooks and crannies of my already overpacked suitcase (I am an expert at shoving yet another blush inbetween my socks and another mascara in the pockets of my third pair of jeans!)
This time is going to be different though, I am going to pack as little as possible because I am only going on a road trip for five days. I do not need ten lipsticks in a range of pinks, nor do I need three foundations. At least, that is what I keep telling myself.
Here are the lucky products that have wiggled their way into my makeup bag. I doubt most of them will be worn, and I'm sure whatever I leave out I will need, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and deal with it.
- Covergirl Lash blast length waterproof Mascara
- Garnier BB cream
- Maybelline Dream Lumi touch Concealer
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
- Essence lipstick - All about Cupcake
- Essence lipstick - In the Nude
- Savvy lipstick - Pretty Pink
- Nivea fruity shine lipalm - Pink Guava
- Maybelline baby lips balm - Limited Edition
- Essence lipgloss - Me and my Ice-cream
- BYS blush - Candyfloss
- Brushes - Kabuki, Contour and blush, eyebrow brush/comb
- Essence eye souffle - Pas Des Copper
- Maybelline eyeshadow trio - Autumn Spirit
- Clean and Clear Moisturiser
- Marc Jacobs 'Daisy eau so Fresh' Perfume
- Smart Skin Makeup wipes (I only use them when travelling as I am always too lazy/tired to wash my face properly!)
- Essence Clear Brow Gel
- Nail file
Okay, so maybe there are a couple of additional products that I don't really need, but I think this is pretty good. It is quite amazing how little space these take up to be honest, I can cram all the makeup into this lovely Tommy Hilfiger makeup bag I am so glad I received as a present, and have room to spare!