I was tagged by Margo from Pretty Panda Makeup to do the Beauty Blogger tag (created by the Beau Bow) and it's taken me a little while to get around to it, but I'm finally doing it!
Questions & Answers:
1. Name a beauty routine you rarely do.
Using a primer before putting on my makeup.
2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly?
No way...I can't even remember the last time I washed my brushes (disgusting, I know).
3. How long will you last with chipped nail varnish?
I can handle it on my toes but on my fingers it comes off as soon as possible!
4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it?
This never really happens because I have so many 'backups' that have accumulated, but if it did...let's just say I don't put off an opportunity to purchase makeup!
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
Probably not washing my brushes or keeping my mascaras for much longer than the recommended 3 months.
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off all the time.
Maths assignments have been my latest problem. I will procrastinate in any way that I can. Often I find myself on youtube watching videos I don't even like because I just can't handle the thought of working on a ten page maths investigation!
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not?
I usually allocate a good amount of time to get ready, although not when I'm going to school!
8. Can you commit to spending bans?
I sure can! I think the fact that, being a student, I don't have all that much money to spend may be an advantage, but I'm really quite good at sticking to spending bans.
9. How organised is your makeup and nail polish collection?
Not overly organised to be honest.My makeup is sorted into type (ie. eyeshadows in one spot, blushes in another etc.) but nothing fancy.
10. What is the longest time you've gone without writing a blog post?
A couple of weeks. Often I have 3 or 4 sitting in my drafts ready to be posted when I'm not feeling inspired to create new content.
11. How many hours a week do you spend writing/editing posts?
It used to be a lot more, but now I probably spend about 2 or so hours writing and editing a week. Life just keeps getting in the way!
12. Are you a spender or a saver?
In general a saver. I save for months and then deliberate about buying something for months. I'll research it and wait months and months, and then if I still want something after all that time I'll buy it!
3. When is it easiest for you to blog?
Literally the only time I have is on the weekends.
14. What makes writing behind a computer comfortable for you?
I write about what I enjoy. I don't worry that I may have limited knowledge about something because it is just my personal experiences and opinions of things. The beauty blogger community is just so lovely and supportive too, so it makes writing fun and easy!
15. What’s your worst makeup/hair habit?
I get really lazy with waterproof mascara and often don't bother to spend time taking it all off. I don't do anything to look after my hair whatsoever!
16. One quote that you wish the world would live by?
It's not a quote but I think if we spent more time thinking about others as opposed to being so focused on ourselves, things would be a lot better.
17. How long do you spend getting ready everyday?
On a school day it takes me about 15 minutes to get dressed and do my hair and makeup. On the weekend I'll take about half an hour.
18. Who is your favorite blogger?
I really love Australian bloggers - probably because I can relate a little more, and because I can read a review on one of the products mentioned and am able to actually purchase it (unlike being jealous of all the American and English brands I don't have access to!)
Rebecca and Tashi
20. One thing you're excited about in the upcoming year?
It will be my final year at high school, so that is pretty exciting (and scary!)
21. Your most awkward blogging moment?
Without a doubt, all of my first posts. They were painfully short and boring, and the photos atrocious!
22. How long does it take you to prep for a post?
Taking photos of products is the most time consuming part, as well as cropping them and uploading them. Once I have an idea for a post it doesn't take me long to write them.
23. Are you wearing pants(jeans/skirt) right now or are you actually wearing pyjama bottoms?
I don't think I've ever blogged in my pyjamas!
24. What are you most proud of in your life?
I'm proud of having survived some really tough moments in my life, and the person that I am today because of them.
So that's the beauty blogger tag! If you've managed to get this far, thank you! If you would like to do this tag, go ahead!