Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rosehip Plus Rosehip Oil Skin Boost Roll On

Rosehip oil has been the talk of the (beauty) town for a while now. Everywhere I look bloggers seem to be raving about the stuff. It sounded cool, it looked cool but did it actually work? According to basically the whole world, yes it did.

I was sent this gorgeous little 'Rosehip oil skin boost roll on' from the brand  Rosehip plus. I was honestly thrilled and couldn't think of a better product to turn up on my doorstep.

For those of you who haven't heard anything about this magic rosehip oil, I'll tell you a little about it.

According to the packaging, it is a "100% pure and natural Australian certified skincare product, cold pressed from the seeds of the Rosehip (Rosa Canina), that's pure and nourishing, helping to support healthy looking skin with maximum efficacy."

This particular version of the product comes with a "hygienic massage roller ball" that allows you to apply product directly on required areas.

Apparently Rosehip Oil helps to:
- Reduce the appearance of scars/stretchmarks
- Maintain skin hydration
- Improve dry skin
- Minimise appearance of wrinkles/fine lines
- Promote elasticity and texture

Of course, to a rosehip oil newbie like myself, this all sounded terribly exciting, particularly 'reducing the appearance of scars' because my face has many old blemish scars that I would be quite happy to get rid of.

So, as I received this only days before leaving for Cambodia I packed this away in my carry on luggage bag (lucky it was under 100mL!) and prepared to use it non stop while travelling.

Upon opening my bag after a couple of flights, it became apparent that along with my roll on deodorant, facial moisturiser and mini shampoo, it had exploded everywhere and coated my lip balm and toothbrush in a film of orange oil. Apparently this isn't too good with planes.

I will say though that this is still a travelling kind of product. It is so simple and easy to use, compact and little, apart from the fact that it can't handle crazy cabin pressure (along with all my other toiletries) it really is good for busy people.

Anyway, this oil is an orange kind of colour (though not when it is rubbed in) and smells completely opposite to anything I was expecting. Perhaps it was really ignorant of me to think that this would smell like roses, but it doesn't. It's not a bad smell (or a particularly strong smell) but I guess it is just earthy. Nothing wrong with that.

It is really hard to judge the product's qualities and certainly the claims that it makes, but I will tell you that I do like this stuff and believe it to have improved the condition of my skin. It certainly does have ridiculous moisturising properties, although you would kind of expect that from an oil. I was pleasantly surprised that it sunk in relatively quickly though, a trait I am very impressed by. I also think that it improved the appearance of old blemish marks. It wasn't drastic, but I feel that after weeks of use they had faded a little.

So, what do I think overall? Well you can't really go wrong with an Australian owned and run brand, a rosehip oil that is cold pressed (oils extracted without chemicals or heat) and pretty, pretty packaging too! I really liked this product and I am so thankful that I was able to try it out.

If you are interested in giving the oh-so popular rosehip oil a try, you can't really go wrong with this little roll on, a total of $14.95.

I give this 7/10,


7 comments:

  1. Aw shame it exploded! I just went travelling and the same thing happened to my cleanser, it made everything soapy lol.
    I've been using this product too and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a pain. It's good stuff :)
      x

      Delete
  2. Oh no, I can't believe it exploded! Last time I traveled, I packaged everything in separate sandwhich bags so that if something did explode, it wouldn't get all over everything! Luckily enough, nothing did!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been a smarter idea :) I have certainly learnt my lesson for next time!
      x

      Delete
  3. Planes are so annoying with liquids >< I pack everything in individual bags just in case nowadays, been disappointed after a long flight too many times! Love the idea of this, I've been using this rollerball on my dry patches :) The first time I tried rosehip oil (long ago now) I thought it would smell better too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rollerball design is really useful, I don't know how you would use it without!
      x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...