Thursday, July 11, 2013

NOTD - Face of Australia Pastels Polish in Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

I don't like yellow nail polishes. I only picked this FOA one in Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy up because otherwise it would have been the only polish left on the shelf - and it was 75c. To be honest, I don't even know why I bothered trying it out on my nails but I'm glad I did because now I know that it could be worse. In fact, I think I even like this better than this awful shade I posted about here (which many of you told me you thought was gorgeous, so clearly my taste in polishes is absolutely crazy). Who would have thought?

As always when it comes to FOA polishes, the formula is smooth and easy to work with. The brush makes for easy application and though it is not a fast drying kind of formula, it's hardly slow either.

This shade required three coats to become opaque, fairly good in my opinion, especially as it is a pale yellow. I found that this shade changed colour according to the lighting - at times it was quite sickly and fluoescent but other times it was a creamy, pastel yellow (much like the yellow you would associate with baby colours).

Let me know what you think of this - I'm not really sure if I like it or not, but you seem to know what you are talking about so I will leave it up to you to decide!







6 comments:

  1. oddly enough, i actually like the colour! and i usually dislike yellow (especially those fluoro nail polish, just - no). maybe i like it because it suits your skin tone - with my darker skin it probably wouldn't look as good..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I am usually not a fan but I think this is tolerable.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I don't mind it, it's a lovely shade :) I get what you mean by it being deceiving under different light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It changes so much according to the light, it's crazy.
      x

      Delete
  3. I'm like you- I despise yellow nail polish! It can work on some people but for my nails it looks atrocious. This pastel leans towards a slight neon yellow too! Lucky you only bought it for 75c :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am glad it was a cheapie...not sure I will ever bother with yellow again.
      x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...