Friday, June 28, 2013

Behind the Blog - The Shopping Queen

If I have done my maths correctly, this is the 11th Behind the Blog post - that means I have featured 11 different bloggers as part of this series! How cool is that?

For number 11 I spoke a little to Jen from over at The Shopping Queen.  Jen is an Aussie blogger from Sydney whose posts consist of an array of exciting hauls, reviews, swaps and tags. I am so very jealous of some of the incredible products she has in her collection!

This week Jen spoke a little about why she is The Shopping Queen, doing makeup on the train and McDonald's!

What is the significance of your blog name?
I have a knack for finding things that are "sold out" and I'm quite persistent if I'm trying to hunt something down. For example, my boyfriend really wanted a pair of shoes that were only available in the US and they had sold out of his size on the official website so I hunted down all the resellers online (quite hard when you're not familiar with the authorised resellers in another country!) and found the very last pair available in his size :) He calls me 'the shopping queen' so that's where I got the inspiration for the name of my blog. If you read my blog, you'll see a trend of haul posts so I'm also a bit of a shopaholic.

What is your signature makeup look?
I'm quite low maintenance and I prefer the "no makeup, makeup look". I always do my makeup on the train on the way to work so I normally have concealer and mascara on and I'll always do my eyebrows as well.

If you were a makeup item what would you be?
A lipstick. I hoard lip products and I think that having a lipstick on can really change your look by a lot! People say that they can't live without mascara as it wakes up their eyes but I've found that I need some colour on my lips or I look tired. Mascara does nothing for me!

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Bora Bora! It's my dream to go there and I would actually splurge and get a hut thingy at the Four Seasons so that I could jump into the water anytime that I wanted to. I'm normally not a fan of spending a lot of money on hotel rooms but Bora Bora is my dream destination. I'll definitely be going there for my honeymoon!

Do you speak any other language? If you could, what language would you love to speak?
I speak the Shanghai dialect called Shanghainese. Most people laugh when I say Shanghainese as it sounds made up but if you google it, you'll realise that it's an actual name for the Shanghai dialect. I wish I could speak French and it's always been a big regret of mine that I dropped it in high school.

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
McDonalds egg and cheese McMuffins. I'm addicted to McDonalds fries but I think that I would actually get sick of them if I had to eat them forever but I love McDonalds egg and cheese McMuffins and wish they were available all day long!

Thank you Jen!

If you would like to nominate a blogger to be featured, please don't hesitate to let me know by emailing me at candiceyoureview@yahoo.com.



14 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you so much for featuring me :) I hope I wasn't too boring haha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't boring at all! Thank you so much for being a part of the series!
      x

      Delete
  2. Yay! Love Jen so glad she's been featured :) she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Jen's blog! She's been a favourite of mine for a long time now! (And she's so sweet!) Great job Candice, you are picking some gorgeous bloggers! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine, I've been doing my best to direct the spotlight to those deserving of such :)
      x

      Delete
  4. Cool! It's already 11th Behind the blog post! Go go go! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo I love Jen's blog!
    Good job on keeping this series running and featuring awesome bloggers <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri! I have enjoyed doing this series so much, and I have loved finding out more about some of my favourite bloggers - especially the random little questions like what languages they speak, their favourite foods, school subjects etc.
      x

      Delete
  6. I LOVE Maccas mcmuffins... except i like mine with bacon... mmm.. bacon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can't say I have ever tried one...next on my to-do list perhaps?

      Delete
  7. I love Jen she is one of the nicest bloggers out there!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...