I do quite enjoy the occasional whinge though, so I thought I should compile a list of all the reasons winter should not exist.
1. There is nothing cool (pun intended) about having fingers practically frostbitten 90% of the time
2. The sky is meant to be blue, not grey.
3. The cold and darkness of winter is miserable.
4. Taking blog photos of products is impossible when there is no sun.
5. It should never be pitch black by 6pm.
6. Putting on ten kilos from coming out of the shower to having put on my clothes is ridiculous. I hate resembling and overweight eskimo with all the stupid layers of clothing I have to wear to prevent turning into an iceblock.
7. All my winter clothes are not nearly as pretty or as enjoyable to wear as my summer ones.
8. As much as we all love a bit of winter themed makeup, there is only so much you can take before you need to bust out with a bit of bronzer or pastel polish.
9. Getting out of bed on a freezing winter morning for work/school is what I truly reckon hell would be like. Multiply the trauma by 10 if it is a Monday morning.
10. Ice creams and lemonade go into hibernation, replaced by soup and roasts which are not at all adequate compensation.
So, in short, winter sucks. It is horrible and I hate it.
But, I have no option to make a temporary move to the other side of the world so I have to deal with it. Here are some products that I tend to get out upon winter's arrival that help make it that little bit more tolerable!
- Australis Nudist Eyeshadow Palette
- Arbonne Eyeshadow in Smoke
- Face of Australia Liquid Liner in Black
- The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
- Savvy by DB Blush in Rose
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten
- Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Finale
- Maybelline Shinesensational lipgloss in Tempting Toffee
And to complete this incredibly, painfully whiny post - I had SO much trouble photographing these products with the stupid sun going into hiding, in addition to practically freezing my toes off because I was too lazy to put on shoes and socks. The things I do for this blog...
Bahahaha I love your list of why winter sucks! I have to agree with you :PReplyDelete
Love the products you've chosen for winter! xx
Why thank you, nice to know I am not alone in my complaints :)Delete
I can definitely agree with you with 9. I absolutely hate getting out of bed to face the cold air that's waiting for me in the morning! The only thing I like about winter is that my birthday is in winter!ReplyDelete
Man, getting out of bed in winter is THE WORST! At least you have one thing to look forward to in winter to help you get through the tough times :)Delete
Haha I truly enjoyed reading this post.ReplyDelete
Like you, I really do not like Winter. I much prefer the heat of Summer and even Spring. And I LIVE in my shorts. I still wear shorts with a jumper in Winter so my legs freeze (but I find they're the most comfy).
I agree, blog photos are a pain to take nowadays.
And omg, I HATE GETTING OUT OF THE SHOWER IN WINTER. IT'S THE WORST. I just crouch down and hibernate for a bit when I come out xD
Oh man, summer and spring is the greatest. I actually quite enjoy jeans but I wear them in summer anyhow, so winter can still disappear if it wants to! Ahhhh getting out of the shower going from the boiling to below zero is horrific. We all deserve a medal every time we achieve such!Delete
I totally understand your pain. I despise winter as well and cannot wait for summer. It's freezing in the mornings and we don't need another reason to make it hard to get out of bed! I hate that I have to wear a bazillion layers of clothing just to keep warm as well, especially as there's no heating at my place. But at least there's autumnal/fall makeup to make things a touch brighter :)ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh, how one earth can you survive without heating?! I am amazed! I think you are right - the only plus to winter is the makeup!Delete
I absolutely hate winter as well, I just cannot stand the cold! I love your list of why winter shouldn't exist and agree with you 100% on all the things you listed! Haha. I'm glad I have someone to share my hate of winter with! :)ReplyDelete
Yay, winter haters together! Haha!Delete
Oh my, I hate Winter just as much as you do. Although, bronzer is a must in Winter as my face loses ALL colour when I'm up in the morning, I look dead haha! I love your chosen lip products! I really so want to try Smitten from Revlon!ReplyDelete
I try to wear bronzer but I just feel so out of place...I haven't mastered the skill of bronzer in winter without looking ridiculous. I am forced to embrace the pale! Smitten is beautiful, though I wouldn't describe it as an everyday kind of colour.Delete
Im so with you, I absolutely hate winter - although the winter in Melbourne is nothing compared to the one I grew up with in Scandinavia where the temperature would sometimes get down to -15 degrees during winter....still hating the winter here, and its plenty cold and dark for me. Good thing is that in just over three weeks we have the shortest day, and then at least we'll be going to longer days again...!ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh, I could never ever ever live somewhere where it legitimately gets cold, and snows. Oh lord. Yay, summer here I come!Delete
Ahh I absolutely hate winter, I love being sunny and hot and not freezing cold all the time. I feel your pain hun... Great product selection btw, the Revlon balm stain is such a fab color, I need to get it! :))ReplyDelete
Andrea | RosyChicc ❤
Haha, thank you! Glad you cold relate to this post :) It is a gorgeous shade!Delete