I do quite enjoy the occasional whinge though, so I thought I should compile a list of all the reasons winter should not exist.
1. There is nothing cool (pun intended) about having fingers practically frostbitten 90% of the time
2. The sky is meant to be blue, not grey.
3. The cold and darkness of winter is miserable.
4. Taking blog photos of products is impossible when there is no sun.
5. It should never be pitch black by 6pm.
6. Putting on ten kilos from coming out of the shower to having put on my clothes is ridiculous. I hate resembling and overweight eskimo with all the stupid layers of clothing I have to wear to prevent turning into an iceblock.
7. All my winter clothes are not nearly as pretty or as enjoyable to wear as my summer ones.
8. As much as we all love a bit of winter themed makeup, there is only so much you can take before you need to bust out with a bit of bronzer or pastel polish.
9. Getting out of bed on a freezing winter morning for work/school is what I truly reckon hell would be like. Multiply the trauma by 10 if it is a Monday morning.
10. Ice creams and lemonade go into hibernation, replaced by soup and roasts which are not at all adequate compensation.
So, in short, winter sucks. It is horrible and I hate it.
But, I have no option to make a temporary move to the other side of the world so I have to deal with it. Here are some products that I tend to get out upon winter's arrival that help make it that little bit more tolerable!
- Australis Nudist Eyeshadow Palette
- Arbonne Eyeshadow in Smoke
- Face of Australia Liquid Liner in Black
- The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
- Savvy by DB Blush in Rose
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten
- Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Finale
- Maybelline Shinesensational lipgloss in Tempting Toffee
And to complete this incredibly, painfully whiny post - I had SO much trouble photographing these products with the stupid sun going into hiding, in addition to practically freezing my toes off because I was too lazy to put on shoes and socks. The things I do for this blog...