Monday, February 18, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips - Pink Lolita

I have another addition to my Maybelline Baby lips collection, though this time I really do feel that I have a legitimate excuse - it is tinted!

Yes, tinted baby lips have finally made it to Australian shores, and about time too! Whilst I adore my other Baby lips balms, since the beginning I have been dying to get my mitts on the American versions without success, but it doesn't really matter because we now have Australian versions.

Even though I felt terribly guilty adding yet another baby lips to my already excessive collection, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to test out a tinted Baby lips.

The perfect warm, juicy, mid-toned pink shade, Pink Lolita has already made its way into my top lip balms. Though I have noticed it being slightly drier than the other balms in the range, the gorgeous tint that it gives makes up for it.

I love the packaging colours of this particular balm. The two shades of pink match the name and shade and just look really great. As always, the large text covering the majority of the balm is eye catching. Like all the others in the range, the size and convenient twis up nature of the products is just wonderful. I have had problems with it twisting up when I am carrying it around in my pocket, thus squashing all the product up so I am extra careful to wind it further down now.

The formula is pretty moisturising, though like I said it is slightly drier than the others in the range. I find that the tint is just enough to be noticeable but not too over the top...in fact I could probably get away with wearing it at school (which has a no-makeup policy). The tint lasts me a couple of hours at least, though with lots of eating and drinking does wear off more quickly.

It has no distinct taste but smells quite sugary and fruity. It has a different taste to all the other flavours I own.

I already have intentions of purchasing another tinted balm in the range, though I haven't quite yet decided which one. I'm thinking that Cherry Kiss (a peachier toned balm) might be the way to go but who knows, I'll probably end up getting them all. For less than four dollars I guess I can do that if I really want to!

My love for the Maybelline Baby lips balms carries on and I cannot tell you how pleased I am that Australia has finally caught up with America in terms of getting tinted balms! I will be using this on a regular basis!



20 comments:

  1. I just got home from Coles and I picked this up while I was there. I was sooo disappointed by the Glow range from Baby Lips, however this has impressed me so far. I got Pink Lolita, but I'm definitely going to pick up the cherry one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glow range was pretty appalling, but like you I am so pleased with the tinted ones!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Wow you have so many! I only have one. The colouring of this one is quite lovely but I still think I prefer Carmel lip balm over the baby lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have a crazy amount! I really am not a fan of the Carmex balms, they hurt! :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad these have made it over here to!!! That looks like a gorgeous shade. I have the 'berry crush' version ( a fantastic red tint) and while I love the tint I find it a lot more drying compared to the normal version which is disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Berry Crush sounds lovely, though not the drying part. It is such a shame but I guess I can put up with it because the colour is so lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Haha I have a growing collection of Baby Lips too! I absolutely love them :)
    I agree these ones are a bit drier than the original but I love the tint. I have Berry Crush, which is a red berry shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby lips are just awesome! Oh man, I want all of the new tinted shades!
      xx

      Delete
  5. I love Maybelline's Baby Lips! I have Mango Pie and it smells absolutely amazing, and makes my lips super soft :) I'm looking forward to trying these tinted Baby Lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby lips are pretty darn good. I like how cheap they are too, although it's probably not a good thing because it has allowed me to get so many!
      xx

      Delete
  6. This is the first time I've seen these, the packaging looks so cute! love it!
    -Fleur

    pourlefemmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cute :) I think that contributes a lot to why I love these so much!
      x

      Delete
  7. ouu the Australian packaging is different than in Canada... and by the looks of it there's more variety too!! It's seems pretty pigmented for a lipgloss... :)

    Steph // fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting...the American ones have a bigger range, I think. They are pretty pigmented for a balm.
      xx

      Delete
  8. I went looking for these but I couldn't find them last week :) I shall have to go looking again! I have such a love for tinted lip balms, they make life so easy haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right, they do make life so easy! I had trouble finding them in the beginning. xx

      Delete
  9. I recently just bought the Pink Glow one as it's the only I saw that doesn't have SPF! I'm allergic to lip balms that has SPF.

    Being a beauty reviewer, that must be hard having a no-makeup policy at school! What if you're so excited with what you've bought that you just wanna wear it out everywhere, right?!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that must be such a pain being allergic to balms with SPF!

      Yes, it is so annoying not being able to wear any makeup to school - it means I really have to make the most of my weekends :)

      xx

      Delete
    2. It wasn't so hard before until every brand started coming out with SPF in their lip balm range THEN, that's when it became a challenge, haha! It's now quite hard to find affordable lip balms that don't have SPF and ones that I'm not allergic to either.

      That is very true but hey, another reason to get excited about for the weekend!

      Delete
    3. Oh so true - I was so pleased when all the makeup brands had SPF balms but it must have been horrid for you!

      x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...