Saturday, September 13, 2014

Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush in Light


Rimmel match perfection blush. Can you see the appeal? The gorgeous crown imprints coloured in glorious shades of pink? If you don't want to run out and purchase this at the mere sight of it then you are lying to yourself. It's gorgeous.

That is exactly what I did when I saw it for $8 at a shop called Cosmetics Fragrance direct. I'd seen it on blogs before but it didn't really catch my eye until I saw it in person, on sale, and having tried only one Rimmel blush before thought it would be a great idea. I will note that the Rimmel blush I had tried previously was the Rimmel 3 in one blush in Spring Flower which I was not at all impressed with and hoped that this blush would be the opportunity for Rimmel to redeem itself.

When I first opened it I hesitated putting my brush in it because it was just so pretty! Nevertheless, eventually I came around to the idea of, you know, actually using it. Anticipating amazing things, I started applying it on my cheeks and...nothing. There was no colour whatsoever...

And if I'm honest with you, it's not gotten any better since. This blush literally has no colour payoff, none at all. In fact, you could easily use it as a translucent setting powder without anyone questioning its authenticity as a setting powder.

Since I can barely see it when it's on (even after layering and layering and layering that I would never ever do with a normal blush) I can't really judge its lasting power...I guess it doesn't really matter because since you can't see it in the first place, you'll never notice its absence.

I have wondered whether one of the darker shades would be a little better, but I'm pretty darn pale so it's not like I'm giving it hard conditions to work for.

I will say though, as I mentioned I love the packaging and think the imprint and three colours are just gorgeous. It certainly sucked me in, much to my disappointment.

After having tried two blushes from Rimmel that were absolutely hopeless, I certainly won't be purchasing any more.

Do I have the worst luck ever or have you also had similar experiences with Rimmel blushes?



12 comments:

  1. I love the pretty imprint! But I have to agree, I think I swatched these before and the color payoff was poor. It was so sheer!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so deceiving with it's gorgeous imprint...what trickery! x

      Delete
  2. That's such a shame this was sheer! One thing I ain't got the patience for is a sheer blush. I definitely won't be venturing near this one, no matter how pretty it is! I have heard though that people seem to really like their single blushes!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I too don't have the time for mucking around with a sheer blush when there are soooo many amazing pigmented ones out there. x

      Delete
  3. oh that's the worst! I'm not a fan blushes that are all in one pan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm normally okay with them but certainly not this one! x

      Delete
  4. Ah it's so disappointing when you go in with high expectations and it turns out to be a dud! Such a shame when it looks so pretty!

    Angie || the maquillage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I was thinking this was going to be amazing but never mind :( x

      Delete
  5. how disappointing! did the tester show any pigmentation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know totally disappointing :( There was no tester so I couldn't check but it was so pretty I decided to risk purchasing it anyway...unfortunately it didn't work out! x

      Delete
  6. Oh I hate invisible blushes like that! I love the old school strip blushes from Rimmel but I must have sensed these ones would be crappy as I totally avoided them - unheard of for a blush fiend like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you must have a beauty fiend's sixth sense! :) x

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...