Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Blush - Screen Siren

Yes, yes...I know this blush is old news, but when I saw it getting chucked out at priceline for only $6.47 (when it usually retails for $12.95) I knew it was coming home with me.

I don't own all that many Australis products - Face of Australia is definitely the stand out of the two for me - but recently it has been catching my eye, resulting in me first picking up the Paparazzi perfect eyeshadow palette in Snap Attack and now the blush in Screen Siren.

As always, my first comment is on the packaging. I don't love the black plastic and metallic pink writing, especially because the black picks up fingerprints and gets dirty remarkably quickly, but it's not horrendous either. This blush is a lovely size with a large pan but quite compact and slim. The product opens to reveal a good sized mirror and gorgeous looking marbled blush. I have never been attracted to marbled eyeshadows and certainly not marbled lip products, but for some reason I think this blush looks just beautiful.

The marbled effect is not just good for aesthetics but allows you to create 'custom' blush shades. Obviously it is quite limited - you won't be using this to get bright red, peachy orange and plum pink shades from the same pan but you can control it to some extent by swirling your brush in the desired areas.

When I apply this blush I simply swirl my blush around the entire pan and apply to the cheeks as normal. It gives a natural looking dusty pink that is highly wearable and easy to work with.It isn't incredibly pigmented, but it's not too sheer either. It can be built up as desired, but a single application also looks just fine.

I have found that this is long lasting and lasts the duration of the day with ease. As far as I am aware, the Paparazzi perfect line is designed to be good for photos which I can attest to! As there is no shimmer in this, it photographs beautifully and shows up really well on camera.

 The texture can be a little bit powdery but nothing challenging to work with.

For the retail price of $12.95, you get a fair amount of product for a pretty affordable price. There are 4 shades to choose from and like I mentioned earlier, there is some flexibility as you are able to alter the shade slightly according to where you swirl your brush. They are very pretty and wear really well...you can't really go wrong!

If I see any more of these on special I will most definitely pick another up because I can tell this is going to be a favourite of mine soon!

I give this 9/10.

This is impossible to photograph as it is just too reflective



10 comments:

  1. Love the review as always! I think I have to go check out this product. It seems really good and I don't really have blush haha.
    Have a great day!
    http://itssophiebella.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! My goodness, you need a blush :) I think it is a pretty good one to start out with x

      Delete
  2. I like the pattern of this, it's really unique. I only own one of Australis' original blushes but I want to try out this range :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really quite eye catching. So far I've really enjoyed what Australis has to offer x

      Delete
  3. I picked this up for a swap recently haha :) Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blush looks really pretty, love the shade. I think its good sometimes to have a blush that isnt too pigmented as it reduces mistakes and an overload of it on the face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, a super duper pigmented blush can almost be worse than one with no colour payoff as it can be so hard to work with!
      x

      Delete
  5. I have this one as well and love it! Such a gorgeous colour! xx

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...