Friday, August 30, 2013

Lush Shower Gel - Honey I washed the kids


Lush is famous for their shower gels. With Snow Fairy coming in at Christmas for a limited time only, naturally it was the only one I ever took an interest in...and I decided to set my heart on getting it in February back in 2012 (just after it became unavailable).

While I waited an entire year I decided to fill the gap where Snow Fairy sat (despite even having ever tried it at the time!) with the substitute 'Honey I washed the kids.' I actually went into the Lush store to buy the soap version but it was sold out and I was offered this. 'Why not?' I thought, you can't go wrong with anything honey flavoured!

It turns out you can, you can go very wrong. I don't know what it is about this but I really don't like it.

I don't quite understand why I have been unable to warm to this - it smells identical to honey and has the same beautiful texture as Snow Fairy but I just can't stand it. I decided to pass it on to my Mum to see what she thought about it, and despite being the kind of person who normally loves these kind of things, she wasn't a fan either.

I don't understand! Why don't I like a natural, sweet smelling, honey flavoured shower gel? All of these factors are ones that I would normally adore! Perhaps it is the sheer intensity of the fragrance that I find off putting, for it certainly is strong, but whatever it is I much prefer the sickly sweet artificial smell of Snow Fairy.

One thing that I do love about this is the packaging. Lush's basic, earthy approach is so effective and really catches the eye. It supports their organic, natural approach to their products and looks brilliant.

As for the shower gel itself, it works like a charm, lathers up well and your skin feels completely clean and refreshed after the shower.

At $8.50 this isn't too expensive, but I personally wouldn't buy this again because of the fragrance. Having said that, I know that many don't appreciate Snow Fairy (which I love) so in the end whether or not you buy this will be determined solely by your taste. Make sure you give this a good whiff before you hand over the cash!

I give this 4 out of 10.






























Don't forget to enter my giveaway here.


10 comments:

  1. I haven't had the chance to play around with Lush products yet so I wouldn't know what the original products smelled like.
    There are some great products out there, but what a shame, how the smell just deters you from repurchasing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Melissa you must get your hands on a Lush product or two!

      Delete
  2. I haven't really dabbled into much of Lush's products except their lip scrubs which are amazing! What a shame that the honey scent was just too much, hopefully you'll find something else that'll be to your taste :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE their Bubblegum lip scrub :) I think I'll be sticking to Snow Fairy for the moment!

      Delete
  3. I don't think I would be a fan of this too.
    I haven't tried anything Lush but I'm keen to try a lip scrub. I'm not a big soap bar person either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sheri! Get onto those lip scrubs right this very moment! Haha. Though they are a little overpriced, they last forever and ever and ever and they taste like heaven. :)
      x

      Delete
  4. I know you're not a fan of how strong the fragrance is but I might get it because of that. I love the Ponche shower gel I just didn't think the scent was strong enough! I do love Honey I washed the kids bar soap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough! It sounds like it would suit you just fine!
      x

      Delete
  5. You know what I don't like this either. I thi k it's raining men shower gel is a much better alternative. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never even smelled that one, I don't believe. Sounds cool! :)

      Delete

Questions? Opinions? Feel free to comment as I love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...